Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lurking some and posting a little. Well today I decided to take control off my life. I kept telling my self I will start Monday or I will start the first of the month. Well I decided there was no better day than today. I am going to the gym 3 days a week doing a circuit training. I am also riding the trainers there 3-5 miles a day. I had knee surgery 3 weeks ago and not able to bike bedides the trainer yet. I weighed 327 pounds this morning, I am 5'11. Eating properly will be my challenge. Please any advice is welcome.

Greg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Develop a workout routine that you can realistically stay with. Make it fun and easy enough to so so that you can make it a permanent habit. Same with diet. Hit it too hard, too soon, and you will burn out or hurt yourself. Set realistic obtainable goals and try to meet them........don't stress if you don't. This is supposed to be an enjoyable and sustainable life change.

This is coming from a person that was given 1 year to live, on 12 liters per minute O2, told was going to have to move to sea level, weighed #500 plus 1-1/2 years ago. Now....no O2, living at 8800 ASL, commuting 20 plus miles to work every day.....life is good, make an effort to enjoy it along the way.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Drink lots of water and Eat small meals 5-6 times daily is the best advice and find something you love that burns calories. I was 365lbs and have been as low as 273. Its not exercise that keeps me from losing its the diet. I enjoy hiking in the white mts of new hampshire I backcountry snowboard and hike in the winter and I just added mtn biking to the mix. exercise is much better when you enjoy it! Congrats on taking the first step its always the hardest!!

edit
I also agree to stay away from wearing anything plastic ( or even latex for that matter doesnt flatter us bigger fellas)

·
Registered
68 Posts
for any sustained weight loss you have to find some activity that is enjoyable dont push it to the point you dont enjoy it. We never stick to stuff we dont like. I am just getting back the riding bug again i am right above you at about 350. I am on week 2 of eating right and riding again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts