Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Bike Dork
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks I'm the new guy and framebuilder in the area and I'm planning to start a weekly weekday after-work ride at Sac River starting from the shop downtown(see sig). I'd like to start next month or soon there after. I'm thinking that we'd all meet at the shop and leave just after it closes at 6 p.m. We can toss bikes in/on cars and head out if you don't have your own car. We can then give you a ride back to the shop after the ride.

The ride would be a no drop ride and last as long as you like, or the sun permits. New riders and women are particularly encouraged to show up. I'm trying to build up new riders and regular get-togethers. I'm sure there will also be a hammerhead contingent if you need.

Right now I'm looking for input about times and days of the week. I'm thinking leaving between 6-6:30 and mid week. . .say tues, or wed, or thurs. . . Any input would be great. If you think later 7:00 or mon or fri say so and we'll see what we can do.

·
Bike Dork
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. Thursday is looking like the day, but it also seems to be the day that the big local road ride takes place. I'm going to see what the cross-over is and see if it really matters or not. I'm also going to try and get the word out at the other shops and see if that helps.

campdog thanks for the newest light it's quite bright down there now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If anyone is up for an interesting ride I suggest going out to Sac in the next day or two. I went this afternoon and there is still a lot of snow on the trails. This was my first snow ride and it was pretty sweet.

Looking forward to the Tues or Thur rides.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
I enjoy riding the Sac for a quick getaway...but as muddy as it has been lately, I have steered clear of the trail...

I think this is a great idea, but unfortunately I work nights and have school on my days off...

But kudos on getting something going!! We need a mountain bike club in Springfield... (At least there are none that I am aware of)

·
Bike Dork
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hesston I've got ideas for a club. I'm also working on a bikepolo club too. Busy, busy, busy. . .

Folks as far as the weekly ride it looks like Thursday leaving the shop at 6:15 or meeting at the trailhead at 6:30. When we actually start doing it I'll post again here.

·
Registered
236 Posts
themanmonkey said:
hesston I've got ideas for a club. I'm also working on a bikepolo club too. Busy, busy, busy. . .

Folks as far as the weekly ride it looks like Thursday leaving the shop at 6:15 or meeting at the trailhead at 6:30. When we actually start doing it I'll post again here.
Cool!! Well do please keep me posted!!! We need a mtn bike club in this town... I moved up from West Plains and need to meet some mtn bike people... I have met 1 guy in 3 months from here and one from South Dakota on the Sac.

I don't have a lot of free time or anything too special for biking, but would love to join up to get to know some people and see some trails I haven't done...

·
Ozark Native
600 Posts
its hard gettin a ride in this time of year if its not frozen. any chance we can get ya out of bed a little early for a morining ride?? all this is moot if I dont get a bike rollin soon!!

BIKE POLO!!!!!!!! now that sounds like a good time. how about some links so we can get prepared for the rules, equipment and other stuff ya got to have:thumbsup:

·
Registered
236 Posts
lil hillbilly said:
its hard gettin a ride in this time of year if its not frozen. any chance we can get ya out of bed a little early for a morining ride?? all this is moot if I dont get a bike rollin soon!!

BIKE POLO!!!!!!!! now that sounds like a good time. how about some links so we can get prepared for the rules, equipment and other stuff ya got to have:thumbsup:
how early?

·
Ozark Native
600 Posts
1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.