Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i started working on some jumps today. the first is about a 15 foot gap and the landing is on the backside of this burm.

the landing is really steep, its hard to tell by the picture though

heres a little table top, its about 15 feet long but i'm going to build it up higher tomorrow.

tomorrow i'm also going to start building a step up. the jump will be about 5 feet high with a 10 foot gap up to the top of about a 10 foot hill.

action pics to come soon. it takes a while to dig when none of your friends ride bikes and you're the only one digging.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sombrio69 said:
quote:/ it takes a while to dig when none of your friends ride bikes and you're the only one digging.

hay shootermcgaven, where r u from. im from peoria Illinois maby i can help some time dependin on where u r from
i'm in rockford. i think its about 2 1/2 hours from there, but if you're ever up here you're welcome to come ride or dig

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
your first jump reminds me of somthing my mates got, you can bust really high and the landing still feels real nice and smooth, you should build the kicker nice and steep and then build a new set of doubles after the lander like we did...

but anyways nice stuff...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BJ- said:
your first jump reminds me of somthing my mates got, you can bust really high and the landing still feels real nice and smooth, you should build the kicker nice and steep and then build a new set of doubles after the lander like we did...

but anyways nice stuff...
yea thats what i was thinking of doing. theres this big drainage pipe thats like 5 feet high right after the landing and then a road goes over the pipe, it was right behind me where i took the 3rd picture. anyways i'm thinking about building a nice hip over the pipe and then a set of doubles for when you come off the hip. that'll probably have to wait for a week or 2 though.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
ShooterMCgavinYo said:
yea thats what i was thinking of doing. theres this big drainage pipe thats like 5 feet high right after the landing and then a road goes over the pipe, it was right behind me where i took the 3rd picture. anyways i'm thinking about building a nice hip over the pipe and then a set of doubles for when you come off the hip. that'll probably have to wait for a week or 2 though.
nice man, show us with som action shots when ya done...

·
DOWNHILL MAFIA
1,360 Posts
You guys!!!??

It looks like he's gone and dug some big azz holes in the middle of a trail!?

I could be wrong, but if thats a trail thats used by hikers or anyone else other than you, then they might be pisssed about those giant holes, right?

No offense.. It just kinda looks bad. You should dig a ditch or try scraping away the surface dirt.

;)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
JSUN said:
You guys!!!??

It looks like he's gone and dug some big azz holes in the middle of a trail!?

I could be wrong, but if thats a trail thats used by hikers or anyone else other than you, then they might be pisssed about those giant holes, right?

No offense.. It just kinda looks bad. You should dig a ditch or try scraping away the surface dirt.

;)
no hikers, this is just an empty neighborhood lot. those holes are going to be fixed. i guess i should get right on that before a hiker trips over it and drops their camera or granola bar in the dirt.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.