Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
next Year Camel Back will release 3 women's specific hydration packs. Designed around a females shorter torso
Continental will have steel studded mountain bike winter tires
Giant is releasing new rear suspension design..Cross between 4 bar and single pivot
Peark Izumi will have 10 women's specific shoes in their line for 05
Time will launch 3 mountain bike shoes for 05

I will have photos of the 05 product shortly

·
Back in the saddle!
123 Posts
xtremes_dad said:
next Year Camel Back will release 3 women's specific hydration packs. Designed around a females shorter torso
Continental will have steel studded mountain bike winter tires
Giant is releasing new rear suspension design..Cross between 4 bar and single pivot
Peark Izumi will have 10 women's specific shoes in their line for 05
Time will launch 3 mountain bike shoes for 05

I will have photos of the 05 product shortly
Would you do me a favor and tell CB to put the Air Support back panel on even the smallest women's specific designed packs, please? It's not fair that I have to sweat and my hubby gets to have a cool back.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Would you do me a favor and tell CB to bring back the bandido (with a bladder for at least 64 oz of water)?

What's a women's specific mountain bike shoe??! Short and fat? Maybe????

·
Registered
497 Posts
xtremes_dad said:
next Year Camel Back will release 3 women's specific hydration packs.
FYI
Just to let you know, Ultimate Direction has had womens designed packs for a few years now, and they are better or just as good as CB. Cheaper too.

·
the bomb
531 Posts
Got a luna 2 months ago

The Weasel said:
FYI
Just to let you know, Ultimate Direction has had womens designed packs for a few years now, and they are better or just as good as CB. Cheaper too.
and I love it! I was a devoted camelbak user until I developed a shoulder problem. The camelbak packs are all very long, and as a result, all of the weight was on my shoulders. My husband has always used an ultimate pack. He got his first one more that 10 years ago. All of the ultimate packs have an adjustable torsoe length, so the can be adjusted to fit anyone. With the ultimate, I'm able to support most of the weight in lumbar area, which takes the pressure off of my shoulder. The mouth piece kinda sucks, but fit is more important I think.

I looked at cb's current larger womens pack the isis, and although it looks a little different, it's essentially exactly the same as a hawg (what I was using), with a slightly different harness. The harness was nice, but it wasn't going to solve my problem. The other thing I don't understand, is that it come with a 70oz bladder, but since it's the same size as the hawg (just as long from top to bottom) it could easily hold the 100oz bladder.

Ultimate packs are getting harder and harder to find. Hopefully the won't get pushed out by cb. Competition is good for development.

·
Banned
6,057 Posts
I got an Ultimate Crank 'n' Tank a couple of years ago. I really like it (tho' I use a CB Rocket for shorter rides), but haven't been able to locate one since...

pfunk said:
and I love it! I was a devoted camelbak user until I developed a shoulder problem. The camelbak packs are all very long, and as a result, all of the weight was on my shoulders. My husband has always used an ultimate pack. He got his first one more that 10 years ago. All of the ultimate packs have an adjustable torsoe length, so the can be adjusted to fit anyone. With the ultimate, I'm able to support most of the weight in lumbar area, which takes the pressure off of my shoulder. The mouth piece kinda sucks, but fit is more important I think.

I looked at cb's current larger womens pack the isis, and although it looks a little different, it's essentially exactly the same as a hawg (what I was using), with a slightly different harness. The harness was nice, but it wasn't going to solve my problem. The other thing I don't understand, is that it come with a 70oz bladder, but since it's the same size as the hawg (just as long from top to bottom) it could easily hold the 100oz bladder.

Ultimate packs are getting harder and harder to find. Hopefully the won't get pushed out by cb. Competition is good for development.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts