Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a funn head set. the nut that screw's in to the star spangeld nut is hollow so u can thread your front break cable through..... now my question is why won't it screw in to the star spangled nut. i know there are variouse sizes. it goes in part way n then stops like its cross threaded. what gives?

·
Registered
896 Posts
NRTH SHORE said:
ok i have a funn head set. the nut that screw's in to the star spangeld nut is hollow so u can thread your front break cable through..... now my question is why won't it screw in to the star spangled nut. i know there are variouse sizes. it goes in part way n then stops like its cross threaded. what gives?
star spangled banner?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Diameter may be correct but the thread pitch is wrong.
You probably get 3/4 to a full turn then it stops.
Compare the thread pitch against you old bolt.
Thread pitch is basically the amount of threads per inch of the bolt.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this sux

freeriderizzle said:
Diameter may be correct but the thread pitch is wrong.
You probably get 3/4 to a full turn then it stops.
Compare the thread pitch against you old bolt.
Thread pitch is basically the amount of threads per inch of the bolt.
yea thats what i does. i don't want to drive it into the steerer tube unless the bolt threads in nice and easy by hand. it looked right oh well. i guess its back to the shop tomorrow to raid their parts bins :D its great to beable to just walk into the back n grap your own parts. its like i practicaly work there kinda creepy actualy. today i put together a little kids norco FS compleat with training wheels. to bad i don't get paid. :S oh well i get free beer and discounts on my parts for helping out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.