Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Would these rims be suited for a 200lbs rider?
Was thinking of lacing them up to ck classic hubs with dt revolution spokes.

Would you guys have any reviews for it? I tried doing a search, but it came with mixed reviews.

Just wanna hear from you guys who have tried out the 2005 redesigned ztr 355rims..
Thanks in advance.
:)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Mr_CK said:
Hi all,

Would these rims be suited for a 200lbs rider?
Was thinking of lacing them up to ck classic hubs with dt revolution spokes.

Would you guys have any reviews for it? I tried doing a search, but it came with mixed reviews.

Just wanna hear from you guys who have tried out the 2005 redesigned ztr 355rims..
Thanks in advance.
:)
There a quite a few threads where these have been discussed and reviewed. Try a search.
I had a set of the 2004 355's without a problem. Have moved onto the Olympics.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Opposite?

vortrex said:
I've heard you should not use the revolution spokes due to having to use less spoke tension with the stan's rims. my wheelbuilder did not suggest it and I am 140lbs.
WIth Revo, you can use less tension and still get enough elongation of the spokes to keep the wheel from getting loose spokes. I think your builder got it mixed up. Revos are the perfect spokes for the NoTubes rims. I weigh 180lbs, ride hard and airborne, and don't have problems with that combo. I use them on my racebike only, though, I prefer heavier components for general trailriding.

Ole.

·
I love Pisgah
3,406 Posts
The Olympics are thought to be stronger then the 355s.

Pros-cons? "Lighter but somewhat more fragile maybe", which is a no brainer tho. This is relative also, sorta like a 717. Same can be said for it, right?

I'm racing(only) some Olympics w/ supercomps, alum nips, AC/wtb hubs. 1443gms. Fine so far, but only have 2 races on'm(but one was a 12hour). 168 rider. Feel rock solid fwiw.

Also have 1.5 sets of 717s, 1 VXC set, 1 819 set, 1 517, aside from the Stans. All have been raced multi times. I dunno if I'd use Stans rims for my day to day wheels, at least unless I was 150lbs or less. Seems sorta a waste to me tho..but from a race perspective.
And since its relavent...I'm racing an all singletrack 32 mile TT tomorrow on argubly the rockiest trail in N Ga(I agree). I'm using my 819s(24 hole ti spoked alum nipd' dt240 1621gms) with sealant, big volumn 2.25 RacingRalph frt-2.0 Karma rr combo(tubed versions), instead of subjecting the Stans wheels to the beating they will recieve at race pace.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.