Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been mounting and dismounting the above combo and it so tight I do not want to ever have to change a flat. Sweat inducing difficult. Has anyone else tried this combo and if so do you think the fit is too tight? I am running the yellow stans tape. I do not have anywhere near this trouble with the other tires I own.

Thanks for the feedback,

Chad

·
Reviewer/Tester
6,176 Posts
Yes, the Stans rims are nice and tight, which is a very good thing, because it prevents burps and roll-off when you are running them tubeless.

Why are you taking them off all the time? Set them up right, and forget them... :thumbsup:

R.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I get a flat in the middle of the back country, I want to make sure I am able to get the tire off if I have too with minimal amount of effort. I test the tire in my basement before I take them out. When I am tired and hot late in the day, I want to be able to work a flat over with not too much effort. These nevagals are taking me three tire levels and a ton of muscle. None of my other Kenda's or other brands fit this tight. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this extra tight fit with this combo.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I found the Nevegals stretch out their beads after a little while. I have a set of flow rims and they went on and off reasonably well. Just bring two tire levers for now just in case but you can get them on and off with relative ease once they break in or have been on/off a few times (mine have been mounted more times and on more rims than I can remember) I would prefer having them tight as well over loose, personally.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I wanted to report my slightly stretched out Nevegal (not worn but mounted and unmounted at least a dozen times) burped pretty hard this morning on a pretty gnarly descent. Food for thought, I haven't found a whole lot of info criticizing the Nevegal but on Stan's Rims, about mixed results. It appears that the Rampage (a similar but lighter tire) seems to be a much better option if you are looking for this style tire.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I just went through this as well. You are not alone!

My advice? Downhill (metal-core) tire levers; stick on in the tool box and one in the hydration pack...

Joe

Bluegrassbiker said:
I have been mounting and dismounting the above combo and it so tight I do not want to ever have to change a flat. Sweat inducing difficult. Has anyone else tried this combo and if so do you think the fit is too tight? I am running the yellow stans tape. I do not have anywhere near this trouble with the other tires I own.

Thanks for the feedback,

Chad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.