Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey you guys this is my first post but Ive been searching the forums for the answer to my question . I plan on using maxxis TS rim strips with stans sealant with Fas trak tires /w aramid bead 120 TPI. Do you think it will work ? Ive even called Stans but they didnt know if it would or not, I posted this in the general discussion but no one really responded maybe it would be better here. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've used stans with 2 sets of special-ed tires. The first set were the rollx sports that came on my bike. They were super easy to mount and sealed up pretty quick. I had to top off the air before every ride as they would lose about 5-10 psi a week if they were just left to sit. I mounted my second set tonight. I picked up some adrenaline pros and they were a b!+¢# to get seated. I finally had to pull the valve core on one tire and use a blow gun instead of my infator to get enough volume of air to seat the bead. One of the tires is now doing fine, but I have one that is still losing air through a bunch of pinhole leaks in the sidewall. We'll have to see how it goes.

Karlm

·
Registered
10 Posts
crashtoomuch said:
Were they the UST adrenaline? I hope not

Nope. I was pretty happy with my last set of tubed tires running tubless, so i stuck withthe normal ones. I think I may have finally got the last of the pinhole leaks to seal up this afternoon. We'll see how they do this weekend when I go riding.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Karlm said:
Nope. I was pretty happy with my last set of tubed tires running tubless, so i stuck withthe normal ones. I think I may have finally got the last of the pinhole leaks to seal up this afternoon. We'll see how they do this weekend when I go riding.
Karlm,

I was thinking of using Stan's with my Adrenaline Pro non-USTs too. What rim are you using? How are they holding up? I noticed too when I was mounting these tires on my 819s even with tubes that it took extra pressure to get them to seat right. How are they doing now?

·
Registered
10 Posts
It took about 3 days and I had to remount them once and add more sealant, but they are holding up fine now. I have one ride on them so far. The trails were mostly wet sand and they gripped pretty well. My wifes fast traks were all over the place, so I think I'll stick with the adrenalines. The tires are still losing a little air, but I've found that to usually be the case with stan's, so I'm willing to live with it. Oh yeah, I'm using POS mavic 117s that came with my ride

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
crashtoomuch said:
Were they the UST adrenaline? I hope not
The UST Adrenaline seats and seals instantly on UST rims. Very little leak down, too (dry, no sealant).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts