Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night when I was pumping up my front tire with my Park floor pump, my rim strip ripped slightly at the valve. I've been very careful with these and never used a hand pump on them, so I'm a little tweaked that it broke so easily.

Does Stan even have a warranty on his rim strips? If so how long is the warranty? Anyone else had a similar experience?

I've had good luck with the Stans setup, but if there is no warranty on it at all I doubt I'll be spending another $25 on a replacement rim strip.

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some more information:

I got a very quick response via email from Stan's. They pointed me to this link that describes their warranty. I still couldn't find the link directly by navigation the site, but maybe I just missed it.

They are offering to inspect the rim strip and if it was defective, replacment is free and if it appears to be my fault then they will sell me a replacement strip at a reduced price. Can't complain about that, we'll see how the warranty inspection goes....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.