Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
sketchiness abounds...
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Haro Beasley that came with the above rims and tires.
The 2.3 Pacenti Neo-Moto is highly recommended for running tubeless, and since I keep pinch-flatting I want to make the leap.
My concern is for the rims (the decal states 584x21 ERTO) as there is next to no information available on them and I am hoping for a trouble-free result.
I have read that the performance increase is noticeable upon switching the Neos to tubeless, and my LBS has said for the price of the kit and $10 per wheel they would handle the install.
I have spent close to my maximum alotted budget on the bike and accessories already and would hate to have this done and have issues later on.
Any input would be greatly appreciated...

·
sketchiness abounds...
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I just went with new Presta tubes pre-filled with sealant. Since I could just pull the flat rear Neo off the rim one-handed, I figured I might be in "burp" hell if I tried tubeless with the stock rims.

The guys at my LBS said they'd give it a shot, but for $80+ and questionable reliability I decided to wait until I get a better wheelset down the road.

Dang, I've never had a tire come off & go back on so easily before! I'm thinking the rims are a bit small in diameter...

$12.99 each new tube and I'll patch the old one, save 'em for spares. Too bad they aren't removable core.

Last question - what if I made a tiny hole, just large enough to get sealant into the tube - and then patched it? :???:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.