Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a kit for Stan's no Tubes. Perhaps once I watch the online video later my quetion may be answered, but in the meantime I'll ask here (and feel free to provide any other tips for those who've used this kit)

Step one says "For standard rims you must enlarge ONLY the inside valve stem hole rim cavity to 3/8". So does that mean to go all the way through and enlarge the entire hole?

Rims are ALEXRIMS. Thanks all.

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
KAH said:
Just got a kit for Stan's no Tubes. Perhaps once I watch the online video later my quetion may be answered, but in the meantime I'll ask here (and feel free to provide any other tips for those who've used this kit)

Step one says "For standard rims you must enlarge ONLY the inside valve stem hole rim cavity to 3/8". So does that mean to go all the way through and enlarge the entire hole?

Rims are ALEXRIMS. Thanks all.
No, not through the entire rim, just through the inner wall.

·
Baba Booey!
257 Posts
Yeah, just the inside. I just put stans in my cane creek wheelset and didn't have to do any drilling. You'll love the that stuff, once they are setup, it is AWESOME! I am thoroughly impressed with the weight savings and the increased traction.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.