Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
meow meow
10,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im gonna be converting my 719s to tubeless using the stans kit, but i have a question on the tires. i will be using a panaracer rampage on the rear and a schwalbe fat albert tl ready on the front. the rampage has been ridden for a while but the fat albert will be brand new. should i ride the fat albert tubed for a while to sort of break it in or does it not matter?

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
It's always a good idea to at least mount up a new tire, especially a folding bead tire, with a tube before converting to tubeless. It more or less molds the tire bead to the rim and usually makes for easier inflation and bead seating by getting the kinks out of the bead that occur from sitting folded for long periods of time. You don't necessarily have to ride them, just having them mounted and aired up on a wheel for a day or two is usually enough. But riding them won't hurt as long as you don't damage them.

Good Dirt

·
meow meow
10,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright thanks man! thats kinda what i thought, but i just wanted to check, this being my first venture into tubeless. i'll give it a ride before i try and convert.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just mounted a 2.4 TLR Fat Albert Front today with Stan's No Tubes. I did not use a tube to set the bead and it seated easily with my floor pump. I also did a 2.25 Fat Albert on the rear. If you have any questions, PM me.

Just to add to that, I also converted by old Fat Alberts 2 months ago on the same rims, but I did need a compressor to seat the beads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.