Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am thinking about converting a set of wheels to tubless using the Stans No Tube system. I know that tubless tires can be used, is there one tire manufacturer that works better than others? I have heard that the Stans No Tube goo will eat certain types of rubber (Continentals in particular). Anyone have experience with this stuff?

Edit:

Backtracking through the forum I found a previous post with the info I needed. Here is a link

https://www.notubes.com/support_tire.php?osCsid=630e69a8dd16158e2ab70bbb63097067

·
Riding free's the mind
1,014 Posts
No problems

I had Stans goo in a set of Continental Vertical protections and ran without any problems. I do have ust Crossmax SL wheels, but I'd assume with Stans rim strip and valve, it should convert the tires w/o a problem.

Eating rubber, never hear of that. Stans goo is essentially liquid latex, seems to be pretty inert from what I can tell.

Best performance so far has been with real UST tires. A little heavier, but seals up way faster and better than non-UST tires converted.

·
carpe mañana
7,307 Posts
HTail said:
Eating rubber, never hear of that. Stans goo is essentially liquid latex, seems to be pretty inert from what I can tell.
The problem here is amonia, it can attack the rubber. Not necessarily dissolve it, but weaken it substantially.

_MK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.