Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got a couple of sets of these rims before Sea Otter. The rims look great and are about 400 grams each. There is a small bead in the center of the rim to aid in inflation. We built this set up with Hugi 240 SS hubs and DT double butted spokes and brass nipples. Wheelset comes to 1660 for the set, not bad for 29er wheels.

1. Picture of front wheel
2. Rear wheel
3. Detail of new rim profile

Attachments

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rims

No eyelets. I have logged a few miles on another set of stans without eyelets and have had no problems. But it would be nice if they had them. I'm sure Stan opted from using them to save weight. I like the rims because they are easy to inflate running tubeless and they hold up well. Hey, and the weight savings is nice.

·
Registered
236 Posts
20.100 FR said:
What model is this ?
old ztr ? new olympic ?
the proto olymic's. they should be available in may...... i think.

i have about 10 hours on mine (not much to make a fair review) but so far so good. I was able to run 20 lbs with a nano exi combo. inflation was much easier than the original ztr, and the tape only method seems to work well, no leaks after 3 weeks.

e

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.