Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody seen this ad running in MBA and other bike mags??

I'm not dogging on Stan's, I'm actually quite the fanboy and really like my Crests. I just have to wonder, how can he drop almost 1/2 lb. from my Crests? (I know the spokes are lighter, but still)

Wonder what they ride like??
 

·
Always Learning
Joined
·
9,608 Posts
gcavy1 said:
Has anybody seen this ad running in MBA and other bike mags??

I'm not dogging on Stan's, I'm actually quite the fanboy and really like my Crests. I just have to wonder, how can he drop almost 1/2 lb. from my Crests? (I know the spokes are lighter, but still)

Wonder what they ride like??
You are talking about the ZTR Race wheels which have a rider weight limit of 170 lbs. Search this forum and read experiences of those who have them. The wheels have been around for a season or more.

BB
 

·
Stayin' Puft
Joined
·
1,241 Posts
It seems to me Stan could go to China and find a company to do an inexpensive but strong carbon layup rim with his patented bead, and they would sell like...iPhones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BruceBrown said:
You are talking about the ZTR Race wheels which have a rider weight limit of 170 lbs. Search this forum and read experiences of those who have them. The wheels have been around for a season or more.

BB
that's basically what I thought, but the ad makes it appear as if something new is coming out. It says "redesign" and it looks like its going to be using the Ti 3.30 hubs too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
canyonrat said:
It seems to me Stan could go to China and find a company to do an inexpensive but strong carbon layup rim with his patented bead, and they would sell like...iPhones.
that would definitely be killer! and being Stan's, they'd probably go from some sort of absurd 1100 gram 29er wheelset or something.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
canyonrat said:
It seems to me Stan could go to China and find a company to do an inexpensive but strong carbon layup rim with his patented bead, and they would sell like...iPhones.
Agreed. They'd likely get my $$$.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top