Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone ever inject stans sealant into a regular tube. my commuter tires popped and i thought it would be a pretty good idea since i already got a hole in the tube. any suggestions? stories?

·
mountain biker
535 Posts
Yup. Just did it this week. There's a thread in here with pictures on how to do it. I had a slow leak that was driving me crazy and it fixed it just fine! I'm thinking of putting some in my front tire now and in my road bike too!

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Linga115 said:
anyone ever inject stans sealant into a regular tube. my commuter tires popped and i thought it would be a pretty good idea since i already got a hole in the tube. any suggestions? stories?
yes, i do this all the time. in both my road bike and mtn bike. i raced six races in cactus country with no flats. could be luck... i did see where needles went through and was sealed.

no need to inject. i do about 3-4 oz in mtn tubes and 2-3 oz in road tubes...roughly.

for schrader, simple. take out valve core and use a small stans squeeze bottle as both a measuring device and to squeeze in. refill with the pint size bottle or whatever. follow directions regarding shaking and pouring before settling occurs.

presta, simple too. clip the very very tip of thread off with cutters. take off "nut". carefully let the core fall into tube while "catching and pinching" it in tube with fingers so it does not fall way down into tube. use the same squeeze bottle. manipulate valve back up. put little nut back on. done.

the stans bottle says it is made for tubes right on the front. :thumbsup:

i run low pressures.

mx

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
Linga115 said:
Got link?
Or some presta tubes (Continental for one) have removable valves, I've put Stan's in those before.

Larry
Mountain High Cyclery
[email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.