Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on getting a new bike. The new bike I am looking at comes with Stans Flow EX wheels on stans hubs. Currently I have Bontrager Rhythm Pro Scandium (2013) wheels on my fuel. How do these wheels compare to each other? I cannot seem to find a lot of info on the Bontragers.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
I am working on getting a new bike. The new bike I am looking at comes with Stans Flow EX wheels on stans hubs. Currently I have Bontrager Rhythm Pro Scandium (2013) wheels on my fuel. How do these wheels compare to each other? I cannot seem to find a lot of info on the Bontragers.
The Bonty TLR rims (with the TLR rimstrips and UST compatible tires) are the best tubeless system available. Easy to setup, reliable. About the same width of the Flow. Very good wheels.

·
Registered
Vassago Bandersnatch, Motobecane HAL Comp 27.5+
2,245 Posts
Performance between the two? I cannot seem to find a weight for the Bonty pro's
Advertised weight is 1950g, not sure if that includes rim strips and valve stems
Bontrager Rhythm Pro TLR Disc 29 Rear 2013 - Free Delivery

If you use Tubeless Ready tires, the Bontrager TLR system is as easy as it gets. I don't think there are any performance advantages between the Stans and Bontrager hubs (both Asian made 3 pawl hubs, the Stans have a virtually unrecognizable 6 poe more engagement) either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.