Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:
This forum has helped me eliminate Crossmax SLRs, BUT have added I9 Ultralites, so...

I'm looking for a 2nd wheelset - specifically for racing. I've narrowed it down to the Stan's Crest w/ZTR or AC hubs or Industry 9 Ultralite (basically same rim with different hub/spoke treatment). Please help me choose. Thanks!

FYI I currently ride Stan's ZTR355 with CK hubs that weigh 1568 grams.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
You could wait a bit, I'm sure the crest will be the new rim for the ultralites......probably be 1450g then.
My set with the 355's has been great. They come in at 1480g, so they are my heaviest wheels - and are on the XC oriented 575. They are quite stiff, they have great power transfer and they look killer. Mine are 18 months old now, and I am about to upgrade the hubs to 9/10mm thru axle skewers......should make them my fave wheel of all.

·
Church of the Wheel
749 Posts
As a second set of wheels specifically for racing, get the American Classic hubs. They will build the lightest set of wheels, and they're good hubs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.