Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Look out!
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went to Stanley and rode Fisher Creek on Thursday. The trail was in great shape, no trees down and the flowers were blooming and beautiful!. Friday we rode Little Basin creek. It too was open and a great ride. The creek crossings were wonderful in the heat! The only negative was the horseflys were out in force during the hike a bike up the hill. Once you headed down hill they couldn't keep up. My wife and I also rode up to 4th of July lake for a second ride yesterday. Just from the trail head,not up the road. The flies were out there as well but the scenery was wonderful and the ride down to the car was fun.

Mark

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Awesome. I"ll be up that way first weekend of August. I'll definitely remember the bug dope.

·
Look out!
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BelaySlave said:
Was it smoky? Do you know if any of the campgrounds had fire restrictions due at this time? We'll be staying at Stanley Lake.

On Thursday the smoke from the fire in the Grandjean area came over the mountains and the western end of the valley was pretty smoked up. Friday was much better and by the time we left on Saturday there wasn't any at all. I do not know if there are any other fires that may be affecting the valley or not. The fire danger rating was High and I don't know if that starts campfire restrictions or not. You can call the Stanley Ranger District and ask at 208 774-3000 and they should be able to help you out. Have a great trip!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts