Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do not confuse integrated headsets with internal headsets. Many bike companies use the internal headsets such as the FSA Orbit Z. Internal headsets are just as capable as external ones. They use bearing cups that fit inside the headtube.
Can i use semi integrated headset to integrated headtube without cup?

·
Sneaker man
3,379 Posts
because someone asked a question by searching the internet and came to this thread, rather than actually investigating what was actually going on.

Can i use semi integrated headset to integrated headtube without cup?
No.

·
Registered
3 Posts
because someone asked a question by searching the internet and came to this thread, rather than actually investigating what was actually going on.

No.

No.

Because they have the same outer diameter: 41-52. But with cup, semi itegrated have 44-45/44-56 diameter.

·
Sneaker man
3,379 Posts
Yeah, not sure what you are trying to do, but semi integrated or Zero stack or Internal, is smooth ad even on the inside fo the head tube,a dn the headset is pressed into it.
integrated, or drop in, the frame is the surface for teh bearing, and the inside of the head tube is angled for the n bearing to sit on, so just below the top (or above th ebottom) the internal size is reduced. So either it wont fit as it will bcome too small, or it will fit but there will be a huge gap at the top/bottom. Either way, its bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, not sure what you are trying to do, but semi integrated or Zero stack or Internal, is smooth ad even on the inside fo the head tube,a dn the headset is pressed into it.
integrated, or drop in, the frame is the surface for teh bearing, and the inside of the head tube is angled for the n bearing to sit on, so just below the top (or above th ebottom) the internal size is reduced. So either it wont fit as it will bcome too small, or it will fit but there will be a huge gap at the top/bottom. Either way, its bad.

Ok, thankyou verymuch for this information. I very appreciated this.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts