Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I was wondering; what kind of protection do you use on your stanchions to avoid scratching them when you fall on rocks or anything that can mess them up?
Some time ago I saw a thread that had a picture of a double crown fork that somebody attached a piece of plastic to cover the stanchions, you know like the upside down Shivers have in the bottom, but these were for regular forks.
Please let me know of any ideas to protect them
Thanks. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
Vikingo 3 said:
Hi guys, I was wondering; what kind of protection do you use on your stanchions to avoid scratching them when you fall on rocks or anything that can mess them up?
Some time ago I saw a thread that had a picture of a double crown fork that somebody attached a piece of plastic to cover the stanchions, you know like the upside down Shivers have in the bottom, but these were for regular forks.
Please let me know of any ideas to protect them
Thanks. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Core rat makes some. Check out their website:

http://www.corerat.com/products/bike/f_guard/fork_guard_over.html

TJ

·
I like air!
915 Posts
I have seen people putting lizard skins chain stay protectors on their Stanchions before. I don’t know if you ride ski parks but at Mt. Creek your Stanchions rest on the gondola so it protects them and it seems like its good to keep out dirt too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts