Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Meh.
Joined
·
17,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are Manitou Stance Kingpin parts interchangeable with Sherman Slider parts? I basically want to drop a set of Sherman Slider internals into the Stance Kingpin shell (lowers, clamps, and stanchions). I will also replace the seals accordingly. Thanks.
 

·
Glad to Be Alive
Joined
·
43,005 Posts
XSL_WiLL said:
Are Manitou Stance Kingpin parts interchangeable with Sherman Slider parts? I basically want to drop a set of Sherman Slider internals into the Stance Kingpin shell (lowers, clamps, and stanchions). I will also replace the seals accordingly. Thanks.
yep......they all fit in the trash can the same .................. :p when you get the best forks like Marzocchi :p
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
yep......they all fit in the trash can the same .................. :p when you get the best forks like Marzocchi :p
AHAHAHHAHA. :p

I've heard people say they can and others say they can't, so when in doubt, call up Answer.
 

·
Meh.
Joined
·
17,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
yep......they all fit in the trash can the same .................. :p when you get the best forks like Marzocchi :p
Too bad I've trashed 3 Marzocchi forks in the past 2 years, and they denied me warranty on every single one. They either gave me a bullsh!t excuse or didn't even bother with an explanation. Sorry, but I'm pretty sure that ETA isn't supposed to activate and reduce the travel to like 3 inches after 5 minutes of riding. Dirtjumper II dropouts were cracked. Drop-Off Comp air valves in the top caps exploded out of it. None of those forks made it a full season. I had to ghetto rig them to work. I finally did fix the Drop-Off Comp after salvaging the parts from my old DJ. I wasn't exactly impressed by any of those forks either, and the z150 had HSCV dampening.

I rode a Sherman for like a year and a half. Never had a problem with it. And Manitou was very prompt in answering my questions. My friend had some old XC fork with Ti springs, carbon arch, and magnesium lowers. He's had it for

Trying Rockshox again after blowing up 3 Psylos and 2 Dukes. So far, I'm very pleased.

The Stance isn't mine, I'm doing it for some kid.
 

·
Now with flavor!!
Joined
·
5,613 Posts
It won't work. The ID of the stanchions is different. I got an old firefly that I reduced the travel in and bougt a used stance static to get the air cap. They don't fit.
 

·
Meh.
Joined
·
17,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kidwoo said:
It won't work. The ID of the stanchions is different. I got an old firefly that I reduced the travel in and bougt a used stance static to get the air cap. They don't fit.
Why the air cap? I've knocked down 2 or 3 Shermans. The spring preload from the extra spring was enough to keep it nice and firm. I got a Firefly down to 65 mm, used the Jumper spring, had to trim it down a bit.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top