Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
NoTubes.com
600 Posts
Won't work with any kind of consistency or reliability. The inside cavity of the rim is not designed for it. You will need the standard rim strips if you wish to convert to tubeless.

·
Registered
103 Posts
AC claim to be "Compatible with many of the tubeless systems on the market."

Do tubeless tyres not seat properly in the rim? if they do, is it not then just a case of sealing up the spoke holes an adding a valve?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was wondering the same thing.

I wanted to refresh this discussion to see if any body else had any luck with this. Can you just make the rim airtight, through in some stan's and let'er rip?

·
Busted!!!
472 Posts
I have a set of Stans ZTR Arch wheels, with the yellow tape and stem method. Works great. I emailed asking about using the same method on my DT Swiss 5.1d wheels. the reply I got was "Only our rims are designed to be used with the yellow tape and valves. All other rims require the rubber rim strips in order to be used tubeless."

I asked the question after I had already done it :nono:

~100 miles on the front wheel like this. 2.35 Kenda Kinetics, not tubeless version. No problems. 30lb Nomad

However....I made a small tech course at my house, and after about 4 drops from 36" or so @ 30psi, the front burped 10 psi on impact. But it sealed and rode away fine. After inspection, about 16" of the bead on the left side was covered in Stans Sealant :thumbsup: Take it for what its worth, but most of my riding seems to be Ok with this setup. I will be rebuilding my ZTR front wheel so it will work with my 20mm axle, then running those.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.