Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about these. I’m quite curious and have an order in. They say 7 weeks out so I am hoping to get in some mid October rides before the snow flies.

I find the sizing on these very difficult to decide on. The numbers are just so far out from what I’m used to. I’m 178cm/5’10” and always on the break between medium and large. I always get large. On the size chart by Pole I’m between medium and large. I know the bikes are huge, I have the medium on order but I am planning to size up and get the large.

More importantly I’m looking for some info on how it rides. What I really want is something that is good for epic 4-6 hr backcountry rides in Colorado; and good for getting shreddy on the downs. So it has got to be more than good at climbing. And it needs to slay the downs. This bike is by far the most interesting ride on the market to me. Kind of a stand out in a sea of generic carbon super bikes.

I assume there is not much real world experience on these, but if there is let’s here it. Also open to any speculation and rumor. The reviews of the 180 are epic. I can only assume this one is just as good, but better for what I want.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just got a new-to-me Evolink 140, which I think have the same geometry. I'm 5'9" and medium feels great, but I wouldn't be considering a large for myself. I've only had 4 rides on it so far, but it climbs incredibly for me - better than my Ibis Mojo HD. I would say it'll be awesome for long days, as long as you know it's not a "marathon" xc race bike - it's moderately burly, and rides like it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Anyone know anything about these. I'm quite curious and have an order in. They say 7 weeks out so I am hoping to get in some mid October rides before the snow flies.

I find the sizing on these very difficult to decide on. The numbers are just so far out from what I'm used to. I'm 178cm/5'10" and always on the break between medium and large. I always get large. On the size chart by Pole I'm between medium and large. I know the bikes are huge, I have the medium on order but I am planning to size up and get the large.

More importantly I'm looking for some info on how it rides. What I really want is something that is good for epic 4-6 hr backcountry rides in Colorado; and good for getting shreddy on the downs. So it has got to be more than good at climbing. And it needs to slay the downs. This bike is by far the most interesting ride on the market to me. Kind of a stand out in a sea of generic carbon super bikes.

I assume there is not much real world experience on these, but if there is let's here it. Also open to any speculation and rumor. The reviews of the 180 are epic. I can only assume this one is just as good, but better for what I want.
https://polebicycles.com/sizing/

Not sure if this helps.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: Cancelled my order, bought a v1 Ripmo. It isn't bling or unique. But it was on sale and I can actually ride it. I wish Pole the best of luck going forward. I really do believe in what they are doing and the designs they are making. I do wonder what the market will bear with a 1000euro price increase, but that is not an area I have any expertise in. Best wishes Pole and Pole riders!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.