Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because I run singlespeed, I gots no low speed torque which is provided by lower gearing, so I either have to plow up stairs and risk dinging the rim - which I've done aplenty - or I have to hop. I hop (right-click and Save Link As). Feel free to heckle. :D

·
Registered
702 Posts
Cool clip, very professional (not as good as AMYs castration, but that'll take some beating :) ). I'm not good at the trialsy stuff but I got Ryan Leech's Manifesto on DVD for Christmas, so I shall practice.

·
(was) Big in Japan
1,008 Posts
Dood!

I just bunnyhop up a few little stairs like that - what's wrong with you?

Must be that heavy bike...... :D

Happy new year! Wish I had skilz like that. Guess I have to preactice - may add that to the list of resolutions.

Cheers,

Chris

·
Registered
981 Posts
Nice skillz man on that sweet MChester 29er.

Speaking about stairs, I came across your photo in the gallery section while searching for Karate Monkey photos. Drevil has skillz going down the stairs too...

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Nice!

Drevil said:
Because I run singlespeed, I gots no low speed torque which is provided by lower gearing, so I either have to plow up stairs and risk dinging the rim - which I've done aplenty - or I have to hop. I hop (right-click and Save Link As). Feel free to heckle. :D
I'd be so afraid to do that I would need to be armored up like a turtle.

Dave

·
Registered
37 Posts
Show off

Nice job, removing my head and putting yours on my body. Trying to make people think that is you. Video doctorererer! D!

·
Beer it does a body good!
250 Posts
very cool

very cool. the top view is realy cool.

·
DiscoCowboy
342 Posts
Hmmm...

All those years of thursday urban rides and you never joined us, we'll have to go out sometime, I still have most of the parts to build an urban bike too!

Drevil said:

Attachments

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys. I need to work on my upper body some because I noticed while watching the vid that I was huffin' and puffin' a lot. I first tried to hop up the stairs of the Administration building, but I was getting tired and wobbly halfway, and my wife was getting bored ;) I conceded to the shorter stairway in the movie.

Disco- you know dang well I can't do that stuff. My skill set is very small, and even if I was able to do what your boy in the pic did, I wouldn't know how to come back down. I'd splatter. I've been to a "Thurban" (Thursday night Urban ride), but I was holding my d!ck as the guys with real skills threw down :eek: What I'd really like to see is a 29er doing that craaaazy stuff! Don't sell your Monkey; show 'em boys how much more air you can catch with the big wheels! :D

·
Shamisen Appreciator
2,095 Posts
Drevil said:
Nice vid D. Now...when you get to the top, roll around that railing on the left and drop to flat! :) It feels more dangerous than it actually is.

I'm totally nostalgic for C.P. now. Over ten or so years, I couldn't tell you how many times I made the trip from my house in Elkridge down to the campus for the sole purpose being to ride the urban goodies. It's the only urban riding area at which I've never been harrassed by an authority and played a huge part in the development of my trials riding ability. There are infinite lines around that campus and I'm experiencing a serious jones at the moment.

Thanks for conjuring some good memories and keep up the great progress.

·
gray hair in my shammy
414 Posts
Drevil said:
Ricky
You make it look easy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts