Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Just buyed stages powermeter with the g spindle for dub cranks.
Now the problem is that my xx1 dub crank and Stylo dub crank are 3mm longer.
When I tighten the Stages there is to much pressure on the bearings.
I have only 1 spacer on the driveside 2mm.
Stages can't help my there support sucks
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi,

i haven't compared lenght of my x01 spindle with Stages' G (x01 is a bit different than xx1) and never used orginal left arm but i ended up using spacers and weave washer without tightening nut on non-drive side. I belive Stages' or SRAM's manual describes this case - definitely saw it on some diagrams. Bear in mind that each bike and each BB may have slightly different size. I've been using SRAM bb92 with x01 and previously I had the same PM arm with RaceFace Next crank with RF dual row 92 BB with tightening nut.
Weave washer gives a bit of compliance as well.

BR,
MCC

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

i haven't compared lenght of my x01 spindle with Stages' G (x01 is a bit different than xx1) and never used orginal left arm but i ended up using spacers and weave washer without tightening nut on non-drive side. I belive Stages' or SRAM's manual describes this case - definitely saw it on some diagrams. Bear in mind that each bike and each BB may have slightly different size. I've been using SRAM bb92 with x01 and previously I had the same PM arm with RaceFace Next crank with RF dual row 92 BB with tightening nut.
Weave washer gives a bit of compliance as well.

BR,
MCC
Thanks man I tried different options.
Now a use yours.
1 other solution was to cut the axle and reweld it 3mm longer.
Tomorrow I test the new set up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.