Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
just a man
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CBro and I were to meet up with some newbies for a Barney Bogus adventure. They ended up bailing so we decided to drive up and pedal Stack Rock. Wonderful weather and great time. Ran into friends Kathy and Tracy on the way out and then back at the turnout we saw 98 and Irishbuddha with wife and 3 fuzzy ones. CBro christened the Good Reverend Father Titus on this ride and I christened the new Pike. Being able to dial that thing down made a huge difference on those death grinds. Eesh. Good times today, much cooler up there

·
King of the Barneys
1,121 Posts
a few glamor shots....

1st is where the ride begins, with the Yakima loaded. Nice rack, babe!
2nd is Parker and some of his Bomb friends
3rd is from the holy site
4th is looking the other way from the temple
5th is yours truly enjoying the Rev Father Titus

Good stuff, and fun to see a few familiar faces.

CDB

Attachments

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Bombin4X said:
CBro and I were to meet up with some newbies for a Barney Bogus adventure. They ended up bailing so we decided to drive up and pedal Stack Rock. Wonderful weather and great time. Ran into friends Kathy and Tracy on the way out and then back at the turnout we saw 98 and Irishbuddha with wife and 3 fuzzy ones. CBro christened the Good Reverend Father Titus on this ride and I christened the new Pike. Being able to dial that thing down made a huge difference on those death grinds. Eesh. Good times today, much cooler up there
I have the Pike 454 air u-turn, and the adjustment is handy. I did not think I'd use it that much. But it takes 12 turns to go down to 110mm.

Do you wish the Pike had the 07 Lyrik's one-turn travel adjust? One turn and it drops something like 50mm.

The Pike is a great fork, though!

·
just a man
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dan - I'm coming from an almost "non-tunable" marz oem fork so I dig the Pike. I went with the 426 Coil. 1 turn versus 10+ would be nice, but I'm non-bling so it doesn't matter to me very much. I tuned the fork down while climbing out of stack so that was fine for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.