Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going from a Cane Creek ZS44 to a EC44 lower headset cup. Anyone know how much this will change geometry? Old set up was ZS44 with salsa cromoto grande rigid fork. New set up is EC44 for tapered Rockshox Judy fork. Just curious what 10mm will do to head tube angle

·
Rippin da fAt
11,959 Posts
Going from a Cane Creek ZS44 to a EC44 lower headset cup. Anyone know how much this will change geometry? Old set up was ZS44 with salsa cromoto grande rigid fork. New set up is EC44 for tapered Rockshox Judy fork. Just curious what 10mm will do to head tube angle
We are dealing with a minimalist change here. Will it affect caster, very slightly. Caster is what changes handling and feel of the bike.

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
Hello,

Generally speaking, lower stack heights deliver more feel for the ground and higher stack height shoes deliver more feel for the cushioning materials of the shoe.
Can also help with front end lofting and pumping.

I find with higher stack heights on a longer modern bike you can just shift weight forward as defalt where is I would describe my low stack height shorts bikes from back in the day as walking on egg shells from the rear of the bike.

·
Always in the wrong gear
3,514 Posts
Half a degree slacker, plus or minus.
That's pretty much it.

for fork travel, axle to crown measurements and lower headset cups, 10mm is about 1/2 degree.

it will also raise the bottom bracket a few mm, shorten the reach just a wee bit.
I don't know the comparative axle-to-crown (A2C) of the Salsa vs Judy (sagged measurement!) but that something to consider.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.