Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a G2 geo 2014 SID XX 100mm on my Stache 7, which dropped over 2lbs on the bike. I know that is against what the bike was designed around and not to mention a SID on top of that equation. But I was given a super deal and the option to test both the 2014 SID XX and Reba RL but the down side was they both were in 100mm. I went ahead and ordered the parts to convert either to 120mm and to RCT3.

So for the first ride, it was a quick 4mi loop over various up and down techy terrain. I was very impressed with how quick and responsive it handled. It was extremely supple over anything I rode on. I could definitely tell it was lighter up front and was extremely easy to pull the front end where I wanted. I never bottomed it out, and I hit some of the techy stuff very fast purposely to see how much flex it may or may not have and how it handled the rougher terrain.

I didn't notice any perceivable flex at all and it handled everything extremely well. I was very surprised after all the net chatter about SID's being flexy and how 100mm would effect ride characteristics. Now granted it was only one ride, but it was very promising and I will continue to assess the fork or forks.

It's Our Turn!
Team RWB Colorado Springs
www.TeamRWB.org

·
Registered
572 Posts
I think SIDs were only seen as flexy back when they had 28mm stanchions instead of the current 32mm, which is the same as the Reba line.

As for the travel, you probably just changed the head angle and height to be similar to a Superfly, as well as lowering the BB. Probably wont be any adverse effects, as long as you like it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts