Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I Welcome All
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if a kona stab supreme would work for freeride. on kona's site it has 4 x's for freeride. Id definatly use it for downhill but alot of north shore stuff too.
thanks for your help

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Coley said:
i would get the stinky primo but im not good enough to roll on pink
Good point. I feel the same way about rocking pink on a bike.

As for the Stab, I'd say the Stinky is going to be more than enough bike and be MUCH more versatile. The Stab is a straight up DH machine.....long wheelbase, slack angles, single chainring, etc.

Just my thoughts.
EBX

·
I Welcome All
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i just dont want to look like a poser riding a pink bike and not being as fast as they are, but your saying i wont look like a jerk riding a pink bike
if i do....i guess i just have to learn to go HUGE :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Unless its going to used as racing/downhill bike then youll enjoy the Stinky alot more.

The Stinky is made to be a downhill/freeride/shore bike. It'll peform better on flatter ground, it will pedal better, it will jump better, riding ladder bridges will be easier and it will be faster in the tighter/slower sections.

Of course if you dont care about those things and are just looking for downhill peformance, then the Stab is for you. Otherwise think long and hard about it because downhill bikes are made for one thing and thats going downhill. They generally suck at everything else.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've got an 05 Stinky Supreme (Stab) for Freeride.

I've got a 05 Stinky Supreme that was basically the Stab frame with a freeride spec. I built mine up myself with a similar spec and use if for both. I will say it isn't the best for tight freeride stuff due to the long wheelbase, but once you get used it it, it isn't a problem. If you are planning on riding a lot of shore stuff, I'd probably go with a regular Stinky frame, like the fun Pink Stinky Primo that they keep talking about.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.