Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. It was a fun project and amazingly challenging to design well. Downieville is this weekend so we will see if this helps Max up on the box.

I like designing parts as well as frames. I just got a Shimano CB-E110 coaster brake hub that I'm looking to hop up. At the least an alloy shell and 135mm spacing, at most a complete redesign with cartridge bearings and a fixie lock ring mount for quality sprockets. 50mm chainline of course. This isn't a hot job but it's being looked at now.

·
Stokeless Asshat
3,360 Posts
pvd said:
Thanks guys. It was a fun project and amazingly challenging to design well. Downieville is this weekend so we will see if this helps Max up on the box.

I like designing parts as well as frames. I just got a Shimano CB-E110 coaster brake hub that I'm looking to hop up. At the least an alloy shell and 135mm spacing, at most a complete redesign with cartridge bearings and a fixie lock ring mount for quality sprockets. 50mm chainline of course. This isn't a hot job but it's being looked at now.
MSRP? :)

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Call me weird, but I actually want a good quality coaster brake hub. I thought Sturmey-Archer were doing one and then it turned out to be a three speed fixed gear hub!?! Who the fark wants that??

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Really cool

Still rocking a Risse fork on your DH bike - Old school meets new to a certain extent eh?

·
Relax. I'm a pro.
1,464 Posts
Thylacine said:
Call me weird, but I actually want a good quality coaster brake hub. I thought Sturmey-Archer were doing one and then it turned out to be a three speed fixed gear hub!?! Who the fark wants that??
A proper, 2-speed kick-back coaster would be sweet.

·
Single Speed Junkie
3,116 Posts
pvd said:
That actually looks like a fun project. Reviewing an exploded parts diagram and photos via google seems fairly simple, but the devils always in the details. If your building up a new shell think that an ultra high flange would be a nice touch, but that is just one opinion. If / when you do start the fabrication post up pics.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Max's results:

Downieville XC
Junior Expert 15-18
1st (2:09:36)

Downieville DH
Junior Expert 15-18
1st (49:21)

Downieville Classic All Mountain World Championships
Junior Expert 15-18
1st place (2:58 combined dh and xc)

Once the full results are posted we can see what the overall results were, but they should show him well into the top 20 for the entire All-Mountain feild.

This is my kind of test rider!

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Pete, you don't happen to know of any teenagers to help me test a new handlebar end plug do you?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts