Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
bike dork extraordinaire
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went for a spin up St. Joe's and was pleasantly surprised at the conditions. A few wet spots, but most of the trail is nice and tacky. We seem to have a bit of a break from the heavy rain until tomorrow night, so if you're jonesin for a ride, I'd head to St. Joe's! :thumbsup:

·
Natural body armor
2,177 Posts
sirkrameroy said:
Just went for a spin up St. Joe's and was pleasantly surprised at the conditions. A few wet spots, but most of the trail is nice and tacky. We seem to have a bit of a break from the heavy rain until tomorrow night, so if you're jonesin for a ride, I'd head to St. Joe's! :thumbsup:
Did you break 15'? :)
Shooting for a quick ride after 4PM before gets dark

·
Snowjnky McDreamy
2,560 Posts
pics??

·
Weird huh?
2,286 Posts
Be heading out there in about an hour on the cross bike.
I did the Los Gatos creek trail at the height of the moistness yesterday. That thing just sheds water. Didn't even leave tracks.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I am heading to Joes and will take pics. I would love to get 15 mins to the top from jones gate. Someday soon I will make it.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Looks like you did get some splash of dirt on your down tube?

If it doesn't rain tonite, I bet one can prob. get away with a 100% clean bike coming out.

I remember riding it last Saturday when it started raining, this trail drain so well that from the bottom to the top, my bike was clean. It was only during the way back down that I picked up most of the dirt. Also, the sandy part at the top was wet, but dry in a sense, even though it was raining. Hard to describe by word.

·
bike dork extraordinaire
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Loll said:
Looks like you did get some splash of dirt on your down tube?

If it doesn't rain tonite, I bet one can prob. get away with a 100% clean bike coming out.

I remember riding it last Saturday when it started raining, this trail drain so well that from the bottom to the top, my bike was clean. It was only during the way back down that I picked up most of the dirt. Also, the sandy part at the top was wet, but dry in a sense, even though it was raining. Hard to describe by word.
Yeah, it almost starts to turn into pavement in some spots, which is not surprising given the quarry right behind the hill. The mud on the downtube was from one of the short bits of singletrack, but if I would have stayed on the fireroads I probably would have come home with a clean bike. :)

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Here are some pictures from today. The trail was fine and only soggy in a few spots. The pic of the water is an illusion- it looks huge but you could jump over it. The pic of the camera is one that a professor from De Anza is using to catch bobcats, Mt Lions, or cougars (insert Los Gatos joke here).

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts