Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Team Sanchez
22 Posts
NO! It's been raining since monday and it's supposed to continue on through the weekend. Everything is going to be pretty sloppy for awhile.

·
NOT Team Sanchez
1,973 Posts
It feels like the Pacific NW right now, except that we don't have the ability to soak it up, sloppy sloppy sloppy clay down here.

·
Registered
180 Posts
How about 2 weeks from now? I've got a friend in MT and I'm stuck in snowy Flagstaff and we'd like to meet somewhere for some riding. Is St George usually rideable in Feb?

Thanks

·
Registered
12,949 Posts
nmtim said:
Dang. What am I gonna do for a whole weekend? Any good golf? Vegas?
There's a coupla trails systems in Vegas that soak up the moisture really well. In fact are usually better after the rain.

The Cowboy Trails and Bootleg Canyon are just an hour and a half away.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Yes

St George is usually awesome in Feb. There are trails that can be ridden pretty quickly after the rain as well. Paradise canyon and church rocks/prospector are both water resistant.

·
NOT Team Sanchez
1,973 Posts
Sun's been out, and though I can't vouch for the really clay-ee stuff (GV loop etc.) the other trails are currently good to go in STG......Zion area, well, that's going to be a long thaw.

·
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didn't even make it out of NM. I-40 was closed for at least 24 hours (thurs-fri) and Flagstaff looked snowpacked. Thanks for the suggestions though KRob.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Barrel roll was fine this morning, barely damp.
We should get rain all day tomorrow (Wednesday) and clear the rest of the week. The trails that Pedal mentioned should be good to go.

Everybody stay off the GV trails, they are going to be muddy for a while.

·
Registered
180 Posts
What are the GV trails? And what about Gooseberry mesa? I'm heading north for the weekend and don't want to damage anything too wet.

Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
The Road into Goose

is one of the last things to dry out. It will need at least a dry and sunny week before it can be accessed without tearing up the already tore up road.

·
Registered
216 Posts
It's Raining!

More rain today. But, that doesn't mean you can't bring your bike. There are some ridable trials around, as mentioned above, also, Zen, the Race Coarse and Barrel dry up pretty quick but not sure as it is raining as I type.
When its rainy I ride.
Church Rocks
Pioneer Rim
City Creek
Paradise Canyon
Zen.
Or link all of those together for a long ride with some road in between.
You may be able to ride Huricane Rim and Goulds out and back if you stay off of JEM.
Check with OTE sports.
But I would stay off the GV Trails or JEM.

·
NOT Team Sanchez
1,973 Posts
We got quite a bit more rain last night and it appears it'll drop a lot more as well, Goose and GV are definitely out, but you could have a blast on Church Rocks and Paradise.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm heading down to St. George on Friday. Should I just leave the bike home? Its looking like you guys are getting some rain down there right now.

·
NOT Team Sanchez
1,973 Posts
That must be espanol for honeymoon I'm guessing.........it was only three days long due to classes. Quick shout out to the loser who rode the ### the other day; thanks a lot punk for rutting the whole trail out, seriously you're either an idiot or a [email protected]$$, but since you're so exceptional you're probably both.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts