Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

St. George / Rockville Bench conditions?

872 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  furrykid 
#1 ·
Heading up to Zion this weekend and looking to do a quick ride early Sunday am. Anyone know if Rockville Bench has held up following the storms of this week? Or should I expect all blazes to be covered and prepare for a bobsled run???

Thanks...

#3 ·
Getting hammered with snow 2" on my lawn now I'm sure springdale/rockville is worse. Even if it stops snowing doubt it'd dry out by this weekend. It's been snowing/raining off and on for a few days and the ground is pretty saturated.

On a side note, my kids got a SNOW day because we're expecting 3" of snow tonight. Man this town doesn't handle snow well.

#4 ·
I'm with helibird.... I live in Rockville right under the bench and the weather this morning will rule out the swamp trail for a few days. I finally got the parts in to build up my new g.fisher roscoe last nite but ran out of light before I could get on it. I grew up riding in Maine so the weather on the ground wasn't going to be an issue then but the rain on top of the existing snow will make all the non slickrock parts of the trail that beautiful so. Utah red soup. I put the fender on the new bike thinking I would ride the bench this morning but don't want to spend the rest of the day with a q-tip cleanin the red clay. If for some reason the bike gods smile on you and it freezes or dries out enough to get on this weekend, p.m. me. I don't need the white dots to find my way around up there and I live close enough that a drive up there to check conditions would only be a 5 min hassle.

#5 ·
Thanks...

..for the updates & advice. As much as I'm dying to ride in your playground..it sounds like the snow gods have spoken. Will stick to hiking & skiing (up North) on this trip. Will give a shout out next time I'm heading up the 15..probably Feb or March.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.