Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Its only 1" on the map!
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the quick low down on Bill and Billy's most excellent mountainbike adventure.

Here are a few of the pan shots you'll find in the report

The Western Rim trail, Rabbit Valley CO

Horsethief Bench, Fruita CO

Goulds Rim Trail, Hurricane UT

Hurricane Rim Trail, Hurricane UT

Gooseberry Mesa, Near Hurricane UT

Bill

·
Ride what you want!!
2,202 Posts
I was really close by, and I hear you ran into Ogre up there. I spent a couple days in Zion with the family and got one quick morning ride in. This a sweel little mini Gooseberry like trail in Rockville which is down the road from Zion. I had planned on gooseberry but the bike shop guy said that the road wasn't in shape at the moment for a minivan.

george

Attachments

·
Its only 1" on the map!
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
It was pretty trippy.

george_da_trog said:
I hear you ran into Ogre up there.
george
Just shotting breeze with folks along the trail and the next thing you run into someone you known from nearly 1,000 miles away.. I did not recognize him a first, but I was thinking I he looked familiar. He got a new bike since the last time I saw him so that tripped me up. I think the big helmetcam setup tipped him off. It can be a small world sometimes.

·
Since Nineteen Forgotten
146 Posts
mtbbill said:
Big deal is about that drop in is. I cleanly got to hiking down that thing on the first attempt after only a slight glance at the line :)
Hehehehe.. Reading this without my glasses, is like listening to a used car salesman and believing every word he says.

·
MTBr ReMember
654 Posts
It looks like you managed an...

...excellent workaround after a bad weather start.
Time and weather weren't on my side to hook up with you.

I'd like to put together a Noble Canyon run before my son Ben leaves for Dive School.
There's also another rider who lives in S.D. that I showed around NorCal last week to put on the list for a group down ride down there.

I'm sending a link to Ben so he can check out your awesome trip.

Love the pic's of your truck doing the off trail excursion!

Tim

·
Its only 1" on the map!
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
J.D. said:
I was really disappointed with the light conditions the second half of that ride. It did a pretty grave injustice to the views. Then again, it's about the ride and the ride was fatastic.
Part of me wishes I would have taken more pictures throughout the trip, but even if I would have stopped to take a picture at only of 1 of every 50 awesome views, I would have not gotten much riding in. Most of my pictures ended up being shots of oppurtunity taken at rest breaks or when the view "demanded" a stop. Same thing with shooting video, I stopped setting up shots and just rode with the camera rolling. Most of the shots I took did not do them full justice.

·
Registered
96 Posts
george_da_trog said:
I was really close by, and I hear you ran into Ogre up there. I spent a couple days in Zion with the family and got one quick morning ride in. This a sweel little mini Gooseberry like trail in Rockville which is down the road from Zion. I had planned on gooseberry but the bike shop guy said that the road wasn't in shape at the moment for a minivan.

george
The Rockville bench! Yeah, nice little trail. I got to do a morning ride there as well, when my wife and I were there in October. Phil at Zion Cycles hooked me up with a bike and great info.

Nice ride report and pics mtbbill

·
We want... a shrubbery!
550 Posts
Those are some great pictures... Really makes me want to go out West to ride some of those trails! I would kill for some trails that dry--stupid Southeast weather!

·
Registered
36 Posts
How about a warning not to view this from work next time?

I'm not going to be able to get anything done for the rest of the day.

Excellent job writing up your trip. The pictures are breathtaking.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.