Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, we are recovering from the snow!

Church Rocks is in great shape to ride!
Zen is good to go. Barrels and the Green Valley race course also looked dry.
Barrel Roll is all good too.

Good idea to stay away from Bearclaw Poppy and Zen, lots of clay there.

Woo hoo!

·
Registered
134 Posts
ChuckC said:
Alright, we are recovering from the snow!

Church Rocks is in great shape to ride!
Zen is good to go. Barrels and the Green Valley race course also looked dry.
Barrel Roll is all good too.

Good idea to stay away from Bearclaw Poppy and Zen, lots of clay there.

Woo hoo!
Zen is good and bad?? JK How's paradise rim and Barrell Roll?

·
Registered
105 Posts
The goose should be borderline..... some areas slow and grippy some still under snow! I rode a grafton run yesterday and there is still now covering most shady areas and it was peanutbutter muddy in the wash @ the bottom. The road up there is still pretty snotty! I know one of the shuttle drivers yesterday descended crybaby hill into rockville sideways in the grease.
The rockville bench is in stellar shape as is guacamole except the last climb on the approach road. You have to park at the base of the last climb and ride up the ice, but once your on top of the mesa the trail is in great shape.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gooseberry is still iffy. South rim is OK, though there are soft patches and some snow. North rim still has snow. I'd give it another week of sun and no precip to dry out.

Little Creek looks WET. It is much more shaded and a little higher than Goose.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Do us all a fav.. stay off the senic byway that acceses Gooseberry if it is muddy.. A lot of us who live here use it as a travel road between the canyon and 59 (it cuts many, many mles off the drive around alternative)

Little creek more accessable due to the better road into it and is a great alternative to the Goose.

Sure bets are:

Lower JEM Trail (Lower trailhead to cliff face Cliff Face is a mess and has already been trashed)
Hurricane Rim from Virgin Dam trailhead to JEM (Ballance of Hurricane Rim might be wet in some of the shady spots)
Rim Reaper., Rim Rocker, etc...
Barrel Roll and Sidewinder
Anazai
Rockville Bench
Guacamole IF YOU PARK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE HILL WHERE THE ROADS SPLIT. Please don't trash the last part of the access road.. you need the excercise anyway and it's a nice climb up onto the plateau. Really want to make a ride of it park and ride up from where Dalton Wash Road and SR9 meet.
Prospector and Church Rocks

Enjoy yourself if your headed down or up this way and be careful driving on the holiday weekend!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is St George drying out?

I am heading south and hoping to ride something around st george this week Would it be asking to much to ride Jem & Goose/LittleCreek ? If you would please let me know the status before I make the 10 hour drive. Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think that everything stt posted still applies. I drove the rockville side of the hill yesterday in 2wd. I am sure there will be snow on lil creek in places but it does handle water so much better than goose. I'm not sure about the st. George stuff though. There is surely stuff to ride, just turn around and head somewhere else if your running into slop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.