Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great new for the those who ride St. Eds. Many of you are aware of the substantial erosion that the pipeline trail that has seen this year (it parallels Holmes Point Drive on the north side). The state park has given us the approval to re-route this trail. The end goal is to create two much more sustainable trails, one of which will be more interesting for hikers to ascend and decend...the other will be tailored to draw descending bike traffic away from the other trail ;)

We need your help in making this happen. The first 3 work parties are now scheduled and posted to the EMBA Calendar.

Evergreen MTB Calendar

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Just broke my hand so I know I can't make the first two, hopefully I'll be healed enough to make the third one!

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Saw the layout plan. Looks really fun (seems every place needs their version of FT3K these days!) and maybe some step ups can be added before the curves. Nice parallel switchbacky climb heading back up to stay off the road too. The lazy coasters can probably figure out a way to shuttle it too. (Where there's a will, there's a way....) Hell, People shuttle Duthie/GR I guess.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just realized that the second work party (4/20) is scheduled for Easter Sunday. We are working to move it out to May 4th instead so we can get a decent turn out.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quick update. I just posted another work party for tomorrow on the EMBA calendar. I will be showing up at 9 and working until at least 2, but feel free to show up when you can!

Evergreen MTB Calendar (April 19th)

Hopefully some of you have had the chance to get out and take a look at what we are doing. Its looking really great thanks to great crew last weekend.

·
What's it to you, buddy?
85 Posts
WP_20140427_003.jpg WP_20140427_004.jpg WP_20140427_005.jpg

great time today. really cool to be able to open a new section like that. thanks for the direction and vision, guys. looking forward to the next time i can make it out.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yesterday was awesome! I learned a lot and will be helping again soon. Thanks to the organizers and everyone who came out, the new section is going to be sweet!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The thanks belongs to all of those that came out to help, you guys absolutely rocked it! This re-route is turning out really sweet and cant wait to open it up all the way.

We have one more work party on the schedule right now (may 4th) but this week we will be filling out that calendar with a bunch more.

·
EMBA Member
536 Posts
The thanks belongs to all of those that came out to help, you guys absolutely rocked it! This re-route is turning out really sweet and cant wait to open it up all the way.
Definitely kudos to the help but with out good leadership, I am just a mindless drone. You and Tom rocked it in the direction department making it so easy for us to do the work. To all of you, what a gas meeting you all; the true meaning of community. To be a part of something that will last.

Plus, I even had time for a ride after. Can't be there next time but I will try to get back up soon. Sunday's are always the best for me.

Slim

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here we go guys - one more work party has now been posted. We are getting really close to opening this trail up completely. Once we do we can quickly move on to the next phase (which we have walked out and looks like it has potential to be the best trail in the park for bikes :thumbsup:)

Evergreen MTB Calendar (May 18th)

Cant wait to see everyone out there again, I have enjoyed working with each of you that has made it out!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I realize this is happening the same day as the Tiger work/BBQ/shuttle day (tough to compete with that!) but come rain or shine we want to get this portion of the trail finished up and could use all the help we can get.

·
What's it to you, buddy?
85 Posts
i finally got a ride in the park and checked out the work from the last work party. the trail is looking great. it's going to be a fun addition to the park. sorry i can't make it this time. i was sorry to see the log cut out though, but i guess that was going to happen.

any chance for another work party on may31 or june1? would be great if there was one on that saturday...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
More work parties will be scheduled soon. As we wrap up phase I and roll into phase II, we are trying to coordinate walk-throughs and buy-offs with the park ranger. Once those are completed we will book out quite a few work parties. Right now I can't lead (or attend) them on Saturday but after June 7th I will try to get a few on the books.

As I have mentioned to quite a few who have attended, short notice work parties are an option, and if I come up with some spare time I will post it up on this thread and all are welcome to join.

·
EMBA Member
536 Posts
I look forward to working with you guys again. Looking forward to phase 2. I am exactly the opposite; I can't hardly ever get out on a Saturday. Funny how those things go. Going to be out there riding this Thursday morning before work with my mentor and hopefully a couple of other friends. Look forward to trying the bit that I worked on. Slim

·
What's it to you, buddy?
85 Posts
thanks, flux. i'll look forward to getting out there with you guys and a shovel again soon. can't wait to see what phase ii is all aboot.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts