Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's see some of the race bikes, and keep this thread upbeat.

I didn't make it in the race but my buddy did. So I'm letting him thrash my Superfly for the next few weeks instead of his Raleigh XXIX for the race. ;) ( he's a lot faster then me anyway)

This will be a weekend of debauchery, let's get ready and have some fun !

Attachments

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Here is to Colin ripping it up on that crazy light steed.

Will be coming back from Cambodia, jet lagged and ready to be a drunken spectator on this bike.

ps need to take some pictures of the bike itself

Attachments

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
3,910 Posts
Bloated filipino guy on a black bike with Jones H-bar and pink "singlespeedoutlaw" sticker on the top tube.

If the gods allow it, I'll be on a silver swoopy bike instead. :D

Wife and I are coming from Maryland and we're staying in NorCal from the weekend before to the weekend after. Can't wait!

-rickyd

·
2006 sswc RockStar
928 Posts
chairthruster said:
awesome bikes. sorry for the hijack.. any rumors on the locale for next years SSWC? I missed out this year, want to be fully ready to commit come registration next year.
hopefully 'yerp, if not there then maybe new zealand or australia should get it........

·
those are Rollercams...
1,894 Posts
Drevil said:
Bloated filipino guy on a black bike with Jones H-bar and pink "singlespeedoutlaw" sticker on the top tube.

If the gods allow it, I'll be on a silver swoopy bike instead. :D

Wife and I are coming from Maryland and we're staying in NorCal from the weekend before to the weekend after. Can't wait!

-rickyd
JJ's demo day worked it's magic? ;)

·
SS Clyde 29er
607 Posts
First off, humble yourselves and repeat after me...

"I am not worthy." Okay, with that said...behold!

Just put together my new Hunter 29er cruiser. This bike is a good example of what custom bikes are all about. Spec's: 16" chainstays, bent seat tube, and spring loaded..sex-OH-matic..seatstays, curved top tube, flaked under and clear over powdercoat, w/ 100mm of travel up front. The back end feels like a soft tail due to the Ti seatpost and springy stays.

I took out on the trail today and it indeed rides like a dream. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
~~~~~~~
1,293 Posts
race is just 90 minutes from home. i'm gonna spend saturday in golden gate park at the outside lands festival listening to some seriously good music. then, up to napa for the race. after that, to colorado for an 11 day backpacking trip. i'll be riding this...

oops, i mean this

·
Category Winner
6,091 Posts
Two, two, two threads are better than one

I'll be there on my... gulp....Zion.
Main frame's busted, so the back up has become the Master of the House.

It looks sorta like this (photo from March)...

But it did get this work done to it since then...

and I really gussied it up with some spray bomb work...

I'll have some glamour shots done over the weekend so you can all drool over my glorious $149 frame some more.

It's the rider not the bike, right????

Thirsty much fire horse?

A chance to meet a fellow belly concert shirt rocker like Hollywood???? How can I miss it?

Ricky, you got an outfit picked out yet?

·
'Calm Down'
854 Posts
I don't think you're allowed to make a passing statement like that without photos and more info. :nono:

jw

teamdicky said:
Main frame's busted, so the back up has become the Master of the House.

·
I wasn't Kung Fu fighting
152 Posts
fire horse said:

Just put together my new Hunter 29er cruiser. This bike is a good example of what custom bikes are all about. Spec's: 16" chainstays, bent seat tube, and spring loaded..sex-OH-matic..seatstays, curved top tube, flaked under and clear over powdercoat, w/ 100mm of travel up front. The back end feels like a soft tail due to the Ti seatpost and springy stays.

I know that is your new baby, but damn... That bike has so much going on, it gave me a headache just by looking at the picture. However, Hunter makes great frames, and I'm sure it rides fantastically.

·
blet drive
2,178 Posts
fire horse said:

action shots please

·
Registered
729 Posts
Dirt_Diggler said:
i'm gonna spend saturday in golden gate park at the outside lands festival listening to some seriously good music.

Yeaa I Will be coming from Santa Fe and staying for a week and going to the Outside Lands fest too. Can't wait gonna be a ripper. Anyone know of a schedule for the race?

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
I'm going, can't wait. Need to get this thing built up, just arrived yesterday, First sample of the Singular Pegasus in Ti. Will be a nice selection of fairly light bits. Apologies for the extremely crap picture, good ones coming once it's together.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 86 Posts