Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Bryn Mawr Borracho
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cars-R-Coffins gives you the scoop, straight from the organ-izers keyboard:

"set yer sails for aviemore scotland for 2nd sept 07

glasgow or edinburgh intl. airports or internal fligths to inverness or rail or road.

lets get ready to rumble..."

·
2006 sswc RockStar
928 Posts
Hey Hurl, Manchester Trev here, hows it going fella, make it a road trip, see a bit of the UK , your more than welcome to come and stay and do bit of riding, RockStarRacing Merch being done at the mo, will send some stuff promo, stylee! laters dude.................

·
Registered
355 Posts
I just got the word meeself and was going to pass it on, but you beat me to it.

Only one problem for me - it overlaps Eurobike, and I really should be there this year.

I know, I'll send a bike down with Phil and fly there on Friday night.

Missing the point a bit, but what's a guy to do?

·
Registered
32 Posts
sswc 2007

Crap. Knew we'd end up clashing with something...

Should be easy enough to get from Eurobike to SSWC. Aviemore is 55km (35 miles) or so from Inverness Airport which has direct budget flights to London Gatwick and on mainline train route from London stations.

UCI Worlds start 3rd September (about 100km (60 miles) across country) for those who fancy an extended trip. All this and more on www.sswc2007.com soon.

Marty

·
Category Winner
6,138 Posts
Nice job!
Labor day weekend for the US folks.
Now I have to choose between the 24 Hour SS Solo Worlds, The Shenandoah 100 (the best 100 miler in the States), or SSWC07. I was having enough trouble trying to figure out what to do before this announcement, and now I'm breaking out in a sweat. I need a drink.
Damn.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I had lined everything up for all of the participants to get obligatory tattoos from Shakey's School of Tattoo Art and Epilepsy Rehab Center, but Phil and Tobias but the kabosh on that and put me in charge of prizes instead. Talk to them about the branding.

·
2006 sswc RockStar
928 Posts
Hey daner, the smily face was meant to mean it as lighthearted! im not gonna chase after people for something, i came last, not trying to, but i was very drunk as well! and prepared myself for the smell of burning skin! but i was then told what the branding meant! there is no drama, i emailed phil in september , and posted on here to tobias, so i guess im not getting anything, but never mind i guess i can wind them up about it in september! (if they go), make sure you try and get there fella, laters

·
Needed Less ~ Did More
1,012 Posts
Clash!

I have a good friends wedding on the 1st Sept 800miles south of the SSWC HQ.....my hide is safe from another tattoo for another year! :madman:

Biff, if there is any drunken sillyness you will be involved, not observing!

Alex

·
Registered
45 Posts
Singlespeedpunk said:
I have a good friends wedding on the 1st Sept 800miles south of the SSWC HQ.....my hide is safe from another tattoo for another year! :madman:

Biff, if there is any drunken sillyness you will be involved, not observing!

Alex
That's two Solitude's that won't be there then. The following Monday's the day our first year students start, so there's no way I can rearrange lessons and get a day off.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi,

Do we have to register the Saturday before the race on site or will there be a pre-registration available on the web at some point? How was it the previous years? I'm interested and have never attended such an event.

Thanks,
Sylvain

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nuts and bolts

Sylvain - things change year-on-year, depending on what works best for that venue. Jon was referring to previous events which we've run (like SSEC in 2004) which haven't required riders to pre-register.

We'll be getting all the stuff we have sorted so far up on www.sswc2007.com in the next few days.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.