Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Es war toll! Phaty & Co, vielen dank!

This might well have been the biggest SS turn-up ever. A rumored 350 racers, even after dozens of foreigners failed to show up.
The whole event was one huge party, with great company, many laughs, scars from the demotion derby, trauma's fromt the streakers, and kicks from an exciting course, featuring the longest, most winding singletrack I've ever ridden.
The weather was very kind on us, the rain missed all prime targets.

29" ruled on the course, my Karate Monkey did great, but my Thomson seatpost dropped a bolt and forced me to retire not too long before the finish. The tattoo was not going to be mine anyway though, as I was far from being the only fitfuker attending.

Boy, SS events are fun!

J

·
Registered
29 Posts
what does the tat look like this year?

can someone post a pic of this year's tattoo . . . and who the lucky recipients were? also some pics for those of us stuck at home THANKS

·
Keep Singlespeeding Evil
241 Posts
randalltheanimal said:
Do you know who the top three men and women were?
1st Male: Florian Eschenbach (Germany) 2nd The Rest of the Field
1st Female Linda Eckhard (USA) 2nd The Rest of the Field

2005 Worlds have to go to the US and the Europeans will support any serious bit from the East Coast. England by the way doesn't want to be a part of Europe so I can only speak for the continent!
So Eric you are ready to run it? I am all for it ... !

phaty
P.S.: Thanks for the US no shows that didn't bother to cancel - gave us something to ***** about as the rest of the event was pretty much perfect!

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Let's do this thing.

The troops are massed and ready! I have had a ton of responses from industry to help out and make this thing a reality. Concider this my formal bid to host the 2005 in State College PA. The past two seasons the East Coast Family have traveled to our forest of 90,000 acres to enjoy some of the finest singletrack you never heard about. The location is well suited for an event of this nature, the forest is open and the trails hold up to the worst weather with little to no wear (weather will stop nothing!), the town is based around Penn State- 500 drunks won't even set off the radar, and is accesible to NYC, Pittsburgh, Philly, and DC. What does everyone think? The past two ECNASSCU both got rave reviews by riders, come see how amazing the East can really be. Thanks, Eric Roman.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'll second PA

I'll second the vote for Roman's back yard. Great trails, great area and many access points. Lot's of room to camp, hotels or whatever. Eric might be able to get ride of that old car yet!

·
Cyclist
493 Posts
I vote for PA in 05

only for selfish reasons though. I am a single speeder after all...

I have been planning to attend the 05 event ever since I read about the 04.

Let me know if I can help out in any way....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks to all american gals and guys I met in Berlin...

There were so many fine people I`m still missing words...

I was proud helping that event to keep on running...

It was a lot of work but we all did with a lot of pleasure

Special thanks to Rudy, one of the nicest persons I ever met, Hillary, thanks for the topless skidding, and Jessica and Michael from Spot...

I`m still impressed and hope to join the next Worlds...

Bateman

1 - 14 of 14 Posts