Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing as how the SSV thread got all kinds of crazy, if you haven't seen it, we'll be riding up there tonight. We're meeting at Redstone in Lyons at 5:30 to caravan up. We'll park at the bottom of SSV. For absolute full SSV effect, we'll ride it as an out and back in the dark. That should be fun.

Charge your lights! OB afterward for beerz and foods.

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was a great ride. It was raining at the bottom of SSV when we started. We rode up SSV to the Sourdough intersection, left and up to Brainard Lake Rd, then turned around and retraced steps.

It was wet at the bottom and snowing and almost whiteout conditions by the time we made it to Brainard Lake Rd. Probably 4" of snow up there already. The descent was sweeeeeet!

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't look at it as fringe or extreme, I just like riding my bike. We've been avoiding LHC OHV because we'll be there soon enough this winter.

Really, it was quite a super fun ride. Not really any carnage to speak of either.

Rain? Yeah, we gambled there. Looked like it would either turn to snow or pass and it did both!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I don't look at it as fringe or extreme, I just like riding my bike. We've been avoiding LHC OHV because we'll be there soon enough this winter.

Really, it was quite a super fun ride. Not really any carnage to speak of either.

Rain? Yeah, we gambled there. Looked like it would either turn to snow or pass and it did both!
Meant it as a compliment, sorry. :)

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
trail rida, I think the plan for next week is to start at Peaceful Valley heading S on Sourdough, then Wapiti loop and back to PV on Sourdough. That makes a great night ride, you should come on out. Make sure you've got enough light/battery power - pretty much the whole thing will be in the dark.

pics from the SSV ride (thanks Yann!) are on the Redstone FB site.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.