Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tamen00 said:
I'm in!! this is going to be a blast!
excellent. I know someone else doing it. What gear are you cranking out? I'll drop two or three gears easier and should be "ok". Thankfully there will be plenty of Beer to keep me cranking.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'm in. SSAZ09 was my first SS race (32x20 on a niner). Looking forward to getting back and tipping back Tecates at the aid stations. Might even try to find the Tequila Tree.
Cheers,
M

·
Tucson, AZ
2,980 Posts
dtownmtb said:
My wife and I will be there. Looking forward to it!

Anyone heard anything about the course? The website (http://www.dirtsweatandgears.com/?page_id=23) is pretty sparse on info.
It usually is out a week before the ride. Scott, who does the maps and GPX file, has not got the green light from Dejay yet.

My guess on the route: Up Lemmon to Prison Camp, to Molino, Bellota, some new, different stuff in Upper Chiva and to AZT and before descending Milagrosa.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think I'll try it this year - I haven't ridden a ss too many times, but my husband is going to let me borrow his. We found the Tequila Tree this past weekend. I am planning to ride Upper Chiva this weekend to get a better idea of what gear to run and see a little bit more of what I'm getting myself into... My guess is the route will go like last year - Redington, Upper Chiva, AZT/Bellota, Milagrosa. See you guys there!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts