Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
hispanic mechanic
Joined
·
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright folks, May 13-15, Big Laguna/ Noble Canyon.
TD and I are gonna try for some really good swag, we're looking into getting a keg of Stone Brewing beer, and we're gonna try and find out about camping.
What we need from you guys is a head count. How many folks are interested in going, and how many are interested in camping one or both nights?
If you're not familiar with the area, there's a ton of great riding for all skill levels, and a few campsites within a couple of miles.
Please let us know.
Thanks,

the los
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
I am in!

I will be there for Saturday and Sunday. Maybe Friday.
sslos said:
Alright folks, May 13-15, Big Laguna/ Noble Canyon.
TD and I are gonna try for some really good swag, we're looking into getting a keg of Stone Brewing beer, and we're gonna try and find out about camping.
What we need from you guys is a head count. How many folks are interested in going, and how many are interested in camping one or both nights?
If you're not familiar with the area, there's a ton of great riding for all skill levels, and a few campsites within a couple of miles.
Please let us know.
Thanks,

the los
 

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
Joined
·
4,657 Posts
2 Campers

2 Campers for Friday and Saturday nights... wohoo! Keep us posted on the camping, because that is definitelyl our preferred mode of money-saving. =)

Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

JMH

sslos said:
Alright folks, May 13-15, Big Laguna/ Noble Canyon.
TD and I are gonna try for some really good swag, we're looking into getting a keg of Stone Brewing beer, and we're gonna try and find out about camping.
What we need from you guys is a head count. How many folks are interested in going, and how many are interested in camping one or both nights?
If you're not familiar with the area, there's a ton of great riding for all skill levels, and a few campsites within a couple of miles.
Please let us know.
Thanks,

the los
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
756 Posts
Norba

Will jst have to manage without me. I'm in. And have 2 others who say they'll come too. We will be looking to camp Friday and Saturday nights.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
Camping

There is a particular place for camping. Since it is a month and a half away the spaces are wide open. I think.
I'll be riding there Sunday and will check out the two areas and meet with the ranger.
The "Meadow Loop" or "91-104" looks to be the best area.
NO HYPER LINK until.....figurin' is half asssed complete.
 

·
hispanic mechanic
Joined
·
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sure...

PickledFish said:
I won't be camping (I live like 20 minutes away) but I might just show up for the ride and bring a non SSer along with me. Is that ok?

BTW... is anyone gonna do Noble on a rigid?
Please feel free to bring a gearie. We're not gonna discriminate as long as they will be able to take some good natured ribbing!

I'll be attempting Noble rigid and fixed.

the los
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Cool

sslos said:
Please feel free to bring a gearie. We're not gonna discriminate as long as they will be able to take some good natured ribbing!

I'll be attempting Noble rigid and fixed.

the los
Thanks. Yea if I do make it I will also be "attempting" (walking) Noble on (carrying) my 1x1
 

·
No Justice = No Peace
Joined
·
1,512 Posts
Any time/any place

Sounds great. Where are we talking about? I live in the Bay Area and always like to find new places to ride. It would be great if you could post a map or give us a town/campsite location.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
I'm working on the campground

There are two areas that could work. There is an area with 6-10 campsites that are spread out in a line that includes an SMALL amphetheatre, large open grassy area AND away from others. The area that I would prefer has about 15+ spots in a tightish circle that has three ways of entering entering the riding area.
I would ike to post tonight the info tonight so out-of-towners can get a spot.
Looks like $15 per night.

sslos, please email me
Lutarious said:
Sounds great. Where are we talking about? I live in the Bay Area and always like to find new places to ride. It would be great if you could post a map or give us a town/campsite location.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
Camping Arrangements

Here it is. 3-17 is what looks likes is open in the Meadow Loop. These are teh reservable spots that are close to the trail heads,
94ish-104 is far from this area but, is at a trailhead AND not reservable, just show up I guess.
http://www.reserveusa.com/jsp/commonpage.jsp?goto=/nrrs/ca/lagn/newindex.html
$15 per night.
The feds don't do deals. Maybe military can get a deal.
Looks likw two vehicle per sites for the Meadow Loop. Combo the sites?
Exchange phone #s.
 

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
Joined
·
4,657 Posts
Some sites are already reserved...

But I got #12 in the meadow loop. $30 for two nights, plus a $9 online reservation fee. Not bad at all.

Thanks for the info!

JMH

noslogan said:
Here it is. 3-17 is what looks likes is open in the Meadow Loop. These are teh reservable spots that are close to the trail heads,
94ish-104 is far from this area but, is at a trailhead AND not reservable, just show up I guess.
http://www.reserveusa.com/jsp/commonpage.jsp?goto=/nrrs/ca/lagn/newindex.html
$15 per night.
The feds don't do deals. Maybe military can get a deal.
Looks likw two vehicle per sites for the Meadow Loop. Combo the sites?
Exchange phone #s.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
SlowSSer said:
im in! never ridden anything in SD county...and its only about 1 hour south. time to do so!
hehehe... if you're an hour away from SD county, then you're probably more than 2 hours away from Pine Valley/Laguna Mountains
 

·
Hit The Road Cyclery
Joined
·
923 Posts
I'll see you guys there, but I won't be camping since it's only about a 45 minute drive. Besides, I'd have to rent a tent, sleeping bag, Coleman stove, lantern, hatchet, Daniel Boone hat, picnic table...wait, they probably have those there...

:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
I'm in!

Don't know if I'll stay the whole time, but I will definately be there to enjoy part of it...
 
1 - 20 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top