Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We wimped out and drove the Subaru up around the first dirt pullout parking lot, and got ready off to the side. A mtb rider we passed around mile 14 came along a bit later. I noticed he was on a singlespeed.

I shouted, "Did you ride up all of Bogus?" He yanks his MP3 earphone out, spins around and modestly says, "I did. Where you guys headed?"

We told him up to the main lot, dropping over the tube hill (is that illegal??) and going past the hard left Eastside turn until the bottom, and making our way back however we could.

Then asked him where he's going.

This stud rode from The Boise Depot, up Bogus and was going to make his way over the top of Ridge Road and down Hard Guy, down Bob's and out on Bogus back to the Bench. On a singlespeed!! I asked if it was a 6 hour ride. He said 4... 4.5 hours.:eek:

I have two questions: how do you get to Ridge Road from the Bogus Basin parking lot?

And are any of you SS freaks this guy we stared at wide-eyed doing a trackstand in the middle of Bogus Basin Road while inviting us wimps for the easy part of his ride??? :eekster:

For the record, my friend and I made our way down to the bottom (I think we came across a gap jump the SpudHucksters took some photos of) of the mountain when you don't turn left at Eastside, and made our way back up to the old stunts and back around to the lower dirt parking lot. Friend's computer said 19.3 miles. I hurled at the end from idiotically eating half a granola bar at the tree/sweeping corner/trail which connects to Sweet Connie. And then when I ran over fresh dog doo, the scent was all I could handle.

·
Registered
485 Posts
danK said:
how do you get to Ridge Road from the Bogus Basin parking lot?.
To get to the ridge road from the lower lodge at Bogus, you need to climb up to the top of the Deer Point chairlift. There are various routes from the lower lodge, or Pioneer lodge or top of the Superior leift.. From the top of the Deer Popint lift, just drop south over the top of the mountain. The route on the left (that descends to the south east) is the ridge road. The route to the rirght (that descends south west) is a service road that drop to bogus basin road a little ways above the Entrance Exam.

Alternatively, you can drop down from Bogus Basin road to a point about halfway down Dry Creek, and then climb Dry Creek to the ridge, but that is one helluva climb.

Here are some pictures I took yesterday of the "long way" to Doe Point, riding the dirt road around the mountain then climbing Mores Mtn and Elk Meadows singletrack.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
4-4.5 is correct. The hardest part is getting to Deer Point, the highest point of all the climbing. From Deer Point to HG, the climbing is pretty mellow. TC is correct, though. BB Rd. on a SS would really suck. It is better to big ring that road and get it over with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.