Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Um, I like my bike...and a long time ago, when the Tour de France began...it was all on SS.

SS is simple. A lot of us chose SS for simplicity after being fet up with gears and shifty things.

SS is a bike, a state of mind, a choice. Not a necessity, a choice.

I chose to ride SS because it makes my life easy
Because I'm Ernesto from Wisconsin
Because I don't undermine what other people ride
Because bikes rock! no mater what they are.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I've heard too many arguments for drinking Kool-Aid lately. People brag about how many friends it gets them, how much bluer it makes their lips than other beverage choices, how the sugar high keeps them going through the afternoon, how the women flock to the sweet berry-burple aroma....I'm sick of it. I've come to the conclusion that people only drink Kool-Aid because they think it makes them look, well, cool. Is it the afternoon commercials showing Mr. Kool-Aid busting down walls that make you think you're so much better than everybody else?

Anybody care to explain?

·
Registered
26 Posts
And me

Just J said:
I like SSing because it's a lot easier to spell than deraillieur...
I also like SSing because you meet a classier riding companion. Not for a moment could I imagine a member of the SS fraternity wandering into a group of gearies with anything other than a smile and a handshake. As opposed to, say, some sort of narcissistic abject moron blinded by his own sense of self importance and intent on telling the rest of the world where they went wrong for not holding exactly the same views he has.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
issues

Lucky 7 said:
I've heard too many arguments for drinking Kool-Aid lately. People brag about how many friends it gets them, how much bluer it makes their lips than other beverage choices, how the sugar high keeps them going through the afternoon, how the women flock to the sweet berry-burple aroma....I'm sick of it. I've come to the conclusion that people only drink Kool-Aid because they think it makes them look, well, cool. Is it the afternoon commercials showing Mr. Kool-Aid busting down walls that make you think you're so much better than everybody else?

Anybody care to explain?
So you have issues with Kool-Aid? Why are you being such a troll?
what do you have against blue Kool-Aid?

I'm tellin'

You've made this into a war of words! I am now wearing my viking helmet and praying to Stonehenge for your save. Long live the queen of hearts...

brb, got to enpty out the outhouse with the 9ft long ladle...

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
like the one day...

banana said:
I also like SSing because you meet a classier riding companion. Not for a moment could I imagine a member of the SS fraternity wandering into a group of gearies with anything other than a smile and a handshake. As opposed to, say, some sort of narcissistic abject moron blinded by his own sense of self importance and intent on telling the rest of the world where they went wrong for not holding exactly the same views he has.
like the one day i was at Kettle Moraine, sitting on a bench after doing part of the blue loop. Up comes a gearie. I say, "good morning!"
he responds: "nice day to ride a single speed?" with a very arrogant tone to it. He waited for his buddy and took off.

A couple of minutes later, I passed them both. Why? because I wanted to.

Riding bikes is as gay as Care Bears.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Dude what's your problem with the Care Bears? Next you'll be trolling this place saying how the Thundercats were betterer and more masculine? Heck Lion-oh versus Bed Time Bear = No competition! Jeesh!

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh yeah!

Just J said:
Dude what's your problem with the Care Bears? Next you'll be trolling this place saying how the Thundercats were betterer and more masculine? Heck Lion-oh versus Bed Time Bear = No competition! Jeesh!
Oh yeah! Megatron destroyed Optimus Prime! so there.
Thundercats? yeah, whatever. I'm all about Cheetara. They probably used a communal litter box too and no one cleaned it. Voltron could dryhump the Thundercat Castle thing, and Castle Grayskull was known for harboring constipated blond men...

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
ernesto_from_Wisconsin said:
Oh yeah! Megatron destroyed Optimus Prime! so there.
Thundercats? yeah, whatever. I'm all about Cheetara. They probably used a communal litter box too and no one cleaned it. Voltron could dryhump the Thundercat Castle thing, and Castle Grayskull was known for harboring constipated blond men...
Don't even start me on the Transformers, but Megatron as a Gun was always cooler to take to school than a stupid lorry!

And another thing, there's nothing wrong with He-Man, he's my idol and I think of him whenever I'm cranking my inefficient 80's throwback up a hill, shouting "I have the power!" dreaming of my Kool-Aid!

·
on my 3rd wind...
1,827 Posts
This is too funny! This is why I love mtbr! Especially when I am at work counting the holes on the ceiling and hope that rain don't come when time to punch out the clock.

Wanna go for ss riding today but gotta go train for Copper Triangle on my skinny. I am a such a "slacker"!

STH

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
My multi-speed blender is totally more efficient at making up some killer kool-aid. You noobs with your wooden spoons can clean up the counter when your finally done.

·
Master Gardener
1,347 Posts
If I could afford it, I'd have a little car, a big car, a truck, a sports car and a station wagon.

I'd have a dual purpose bike, a motocross bike, an off-road touring bike, an on-road touring bike, a crotch rocket, a Harley, a japanese cruiser, a four wheeler and a snowmobile.

If I had the time, I'd be badass at mountain biking, road cycling, rock climbing, ice climbing, surfing, windsurfing, woodworking, playing music, painting, and writing.

I'd love to have one of every kind of bike and I betcha I'd love 3 outta 4 of them. I have a gearie and a SS and a road bike and I ride them all with pretty much the same group of people... nobody is any more of a jerk when they're on their road bike than they are when they're on their single speed.

They're just people. And those are just bicycles. And we're all just having some fun. It's all the same to me. Hell, I have a hard time even remembering what kind of bike a person was on. Usually can't even recall the color. I guess I have other things on my mind when we're out there. Like riding bikes.

Some of them smoke the pot, though... and I hate those guys. ;)

·
Registered
18,608 Posts
mud'n'sweat said:
My multi-speed blender is totally more efficient at making up some killer kool-aid. You noobs with your wooden spoons can clean up the counter when your finally done.
I have a multi-speed blender, but I always just leave it on "chop" anyway.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.