Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride 6-10 hours/week, 90% Norco Judan Steel SS belt, 10% geared Mojo SL. I like the simplicity of the Norco. I've had it for a year and only replaced worn rear tire and brake pads. Zero drivetrain issues and maintenance including riding in rain, mud, dust, sand. I'm thinking of upgrading the frame. I've read the SS belt drive threads and I'm wondering if anybody had success with a Ti frame belt SS? If yes, what frame? It appears the crucial factor is having the belt line remain aligned especially under heavy load. You all know that this is a huge challenge for Ti frames since it flexes. Also for those who had problems, please mention your set-up including frame so I don't have to make the same mistakes. Thx.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have no personal experience, but Black Sheep would be the first place I look, but that may be a bit biased cause they are my home town frame builders, and I have been lusting for their bikes for years.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Check out Spot Brand Bikes. They make fantastic frames IMO, and also specialize in belt drives. Their new slider dropouts are probably the nicest sliders I've seen yet, and are belt compatible. They offer off the shelf Titanium geometries, but can also build you a custom geometry.

·
Single Speed Junkie
3,116 Posts
I'd second the BlackSheep for a Ti Belt drive. James has a split chain stay design that should be simple and trouble free for years. Plus he can pretty much build it any way you like. I have an old High roller and pending a new frame here one of these days.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I wish spot still made the steel longboard. I rode one at the beginning of last season but didnt have the $ for it. Now they are not available anymore. (or anything else sub 1500$) Great riding bike, I bet the TI rocker is better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.