Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
In the rear with the gear
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Building up a 26er SS and was wondering what yous might recommend for tires. Going to be riding primarily XC but will dabble with some freeride, skinnies, rollers, smaller drops.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Kenda Karma. Thats what came on my 26" Monocog and I liked them so I put a pair on my old beater. Now I think the GF Rig might get a pair! But I put a priority on easy rolling vs. max. traction.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I like the Specialized Enduro 2.4's, probably larger than many other 2.4's I have seen and very light against the other 2.4's I've used. The large volume makes this tire roll very fast as well. If you are rigid at all the 2.4 will allow less air than the other tire I like; Panaracer Fire XC 2.1's. I like these for the loose, fast, dry dirt we have here in Colorado (or used to have before this new "Six weeks of weekend snow" thing). A GREAT freeride tire for a single is the Conti Digga 2.5's. I loved these tires but make the bike HEAVY!! Good luck, hope my 2 cents can help.

·
Banned
4,348 Posts
As for the agressive xc side of you I would probably run Geax Sturdy 2.25's. Extremely tall, quick rolling and not that heavy. Or you could try a more rounded profile tire like the Geax Lobo Loco 2.35. Rolls fast, great rubber compound. I also like the IRC Mibro in 2.25. Great traction. Light for a larger tire and dirt cheap online

·
In the rear with the gear
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just ordered a pair of Kenda Kerate's off their weekly specials website. Definitely some good deals to be had there. I like the burnt orange side walls, they will match my orange grips! They were 5 bucks each so it will fun to try these for awhile and then when I get some more disposable income I'll get some panaracers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.