Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shameless plug: Its been one full year that I have been riding this SS Spider. Without a doubt VPP works and is an aid in the ability to climb well!, This bike does alot of things well, coming off a hard tail SS this thing is absolute bliss. Sorry for the plug, flame away.

Attachments

·
dirty hippy mountainbiker
1,146 Posts
Why would you get flamed for that? Half the posts on this whole thing are about how great gear is.
Wait a minute, Is that a KORE stem?!? You FOOL!!!!!!

-M

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nice looking bike Marv. Will we get a closer look at the SSSSS?

Now, about that KORE stem--wait, I have a KORE stem on my ride! Well, at least I did not put mine on upside down! ;)

TD (off to find out what 'sup with KORE stems...)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tony, whasssup.

Your SSSSS = Noble Canyon and SS bikes you guys are WAY crazy!
I'm afraid I'm to old and don't have the "nads" for that type of epic ride SS abuse. I have done an almost epic at Santa Ana River Trail, that rocked for me and my SSSpider. Noble would be to wicked without gears, I'd be curious how long it would take on an SS though.

·
Registered
192 Posts
n10'sGuy said:
Tony, whasssup.

I'm afraid I'm to old and don't have the "nads" for that type of epic ride SS abuse. I have done an almost epic at Santa Ana River Trail, that rocked for me and my SSSpider. Noble would be to wicked without gears, I'd be curious how long it would take on an SS though.
Crazy? I can only speak for myself--yes I am! I have done Noble a few times on the single speed and running 32 x 16 was very abusive on this old bull. Note that there is always the option to shuttle Noble! You will just need to drop a car at the bottom (my wife has chosen this option and she'll be running 32 x 19).

How long does it take... well, after getting down the trail (1 to 2 hours), I would plan on 2 to 4 hours to go back up the trail, if you go up the road plan on 1.5 to 4 hours and if you go up Indian Creek plan on 2 to 4 hours.

This image should put fear into your heart:
Up the trail to Indian Creek, riding around the top of Noble and down Noble

Hope to see you out there!

TD

·
hispanic mechanic
2,696 Posts
Hola, n10'sGuy...

n10'sGuy said:
Tony, whasssup.

C'mon out! There's lots of riding to be done other than Noble (er, I mean Nobel ;) )
We'll have lots of rides on top- BLT, Perfect Cycling Trail, Wooded Hill...and there will certainly be some non-racerboy types out there.
I'll be rockin' the fixed Wily, as it's my one and only now.
If ya ain't got nuthin' better to do, come out and ride, have a couple of ABAs, plug bike companies in the 909, and enjoy yerself!

the los

·
Registered
122 Posts
sweet set up

What kind of tensioner are you using, and does it allow the chain enough room to move around when your going through your travel? I wouldn't mind trying the same thing on my blur sometime in the future..
Dan

n10'sGuy said:
Shameless plug: Its been one full year that I have been riding this SS Spider. Without a doubt VPP works and is an aid in the ability to climb well!, This bike does alot of things well, coming off a hard tail SS this thing is absolute bliss. Sorry for the plug, flame away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.