Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Uh...bike looks nice, but your post has that "scammer on craigslist" feel to it.
Not to discredit what I've always seen as a creative builder, but you should work on presentation....whether you're associated with them or not.

·
Got Mojo?
1,190 Posts
never been OUT of production.

Velobike said:
Beautiful bike - I didn't realise they were back in production
John Castellano designed and built the Ripley and Silk Ti for Ibis.

When Ibis closed its doors in 2002 John started selling them under his own name. He has not quit designing and building bikes. Now he is producing 29ers also, as noted with the OP 29er Silk Ti.

Check out more at http://www.castellanodesigns.com/

Disclaimer:
I am not affiliated with John Castellano or Castellano Designs, however I did meet him at IB03. He earned my respect because of his passion, and vision, that is a little different.

·
Pale-ale-ontologist
130 Posts
Very Cool!!

I ride with 3 people (one of them is my wife) Who have converted their 26" Silky's to SS. The the flat chainstays are strong and there's no noticable deflection when climbing out of the saddle. Just like JC intended.

Not all softails are created equal:thumbsup:

·
Pale-ale-ontologist
130 Posts
Hey imtb,

Nice Silky,

Which 4 cogs are you using? (tooth count) And I see you have an inside chain guide. Does it ever drop the chain off of the outside?

I have been kicking this idea around for an old frame that's not being used at the moment.

JT

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did have it jump off the outside so i installed a outer guard, hopefully that takes care of it.

I am running 36x15,18,,21,24. Seems like a pretty combo. I am going to check action tec ti cogs see if I can save some weight.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.