Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I stayed up late on Thursday night to get it all finished. I am thoroughly impressed with the results! Everything fit together well (after I got a 113mm BB to replace the 107mm that was in there - the ENO cranks would hit the chainstays with the 107mm). The final bike feels VERY fast and is quite light (no scale to measure it on). Would possibly like a 44T front ring, but I am pretty sure it wouldn't clear the chainstay. Also a new chain, the PC-1 on there is 1/8 and I need a 3/32....there is actually a bit of play of the links on the teeth which is not good.

So the final (for now) specs are:

19" 94 Moots YBB (anodized)
Surly Instigator Fork
Bontrager Race Front wheel (28H) (Bontrager Hub)
Mavic X717 Rear wheel
ENO Rear Hub
ACS Claws 16T FW
ENO Cranks (180mm, 38T)
Thomson Stem
Easton Hi-Rise Bar
Titec Seatpost
Bontrager Seat
Avid SD 7 Levers
Avis Arch Rival Brakes
Tioga City Slicker 1.25" Tires (might like some 1" in the future)
Time ATAC pedals

Enjoy and I welcome comments!

Buzz
MCM#45

Attachments

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Short...

38:16 is a bit short for town. And yes it is for road use only...
I would get a 44 IF it fits your frame and then you can play with the rear FW to get the ratio you want. A 44T wont clear my chainstay with 113mm BB. I cant go any bigger in front or smaller in back. If you get a 44, you can get 16, 18 ,20 whatever you find works! That would be my suggestion....hope that helps!

Buzz
MCM#45

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.